ok so im helping with the creation of a new app however we needed a name
    but i heard your not allowed to use berry at the front of an app name??

is this true or not?
    04-17-09 09:45 PM
    No, it isn't. One of the best selling apps is BerryWeather.

There is also BerryBuzz
    04-17-09 10:02 PM
    ok so im helping with the creation of a new app however we needed a name
    but i heard your not allowed to use berry at the front of an app name??

is this true or not?
    I think you are referring to the App World. Not 100% sure if true or not, but I have been told that you can't submit apps to the App World with berry in the name. Haven't taken the time to search App World to see though.
    04-17-09 10:12 PM
    On AppWorld BerryWeather is named BeWeather. So I'd be inclined to think it's a good idea to just not use "berry" in the name to reduce confusion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 11:24 PM
    You could always use "barry" or "berrie" or "beary" or some other variation on the word....why not?
    04-18-09 12:29 AM
    If you are wishing to submit the application to BlackBerry App World it cannot have the name "Berry" in it...

Berry, Berrie, Beary or any variation is strictly prohibited by RIM's copyright policy..found at.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Trademarks
    • BlackBerry is spelt with two capital “B”s
    • BlackBerry can NEVER be abbreviated to BB or Berry or BBerry
    • Devices must be shown in full. Nothing is allowed to cover any part of the image.
    • BlackBerry should always be used as an adjective, a describing word, not a noun or a verb
      • Keep in mind that BlackBerrys, BlackBerries, & BlackBerry’s are also considered unacceptable. You must call them BlackBerry smartphones…
    • Research In Motion is always spelt with a capital R, I, & M
    • The names of BlackBerry products cannot be translated
    • BlackBerry Enterprise Server & BlackBerry Internet Service may never be abbreviated to BES or BIS
    • Official device colors cannot be changed in images
    • Third parties are not allowed to use BlackBerry in their top level domains
    • Use of variations, abbreviations or takeoffs
      • It is not permissible to use a variation, abbreviation or takeoff of a RIM Trademark. For example, “BlackBerries”, “BB” and “Crackberry” are not acceptable uses with reference to any products or services of RIM.
    • Harmful use
      • Your use of RIM Trademarks must not be obscene, disparaging, defamatory or libelous to RIM or any other person.
    Other Resources used for this information.
    04-18-09 12:52 AM
    If you are wishing to submit the application to BlackBerry App World it cannot have the name "Berry" in it...

Berry, Berrie, Beary or any variation is strictly prohibited by RIM's copyright policy.
    This is the dumbest thing ever and probably one more of the reasons that
    developers don't even bother writing BB apps. Just f*&^ing idiotic.
    04-18-09 01:44 AM
    So, if you want to sell your app through App World, it can't have Berry in the name. It's sad, since TwitterBerry and BerryWeather are easily accessible on other application sites.

Of course, if you don't mind selling on other sites and not through App World, it shouldn't matter.
    04-18-09 09:10 AM
    So, if you want to sell your app through App World, it can't have Berry in the name. It's sad, since TwitterBerry and BerryWeather are easily accessible on other application sites.

Of course, if you don't mind selling on other sites and not through App World, it shouldn't matter.
    And both these apps were out long before App World.
    04-18-09 07:29 PM
    BerryWeather is available via App World, it's renamed to BeWeather, andything you see with Be- in front of it was probably "Berry"
    04-19-09 02:42 AM
    I think that's silly!
    Imagine if all the iPhone apps couldn't have an "i" in front of them.
    Like, half would be gone. lol
    04-19-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD