I know there have been a ton of App threads, but I wanted to know what people thought about these particular areas (prefer free apps) :

1) Good radio? (how is Slacker)?
    2) App that tells me whats going on in my neighborhood, has museum listings, movies, broadway shows, etc. (what do you think of Poynt)
    3) Good weather app?

Any other useful apps I should be looking at?
    07-27-09 09:50 PM
    07-27-09 09:53 PM
    1. Well finding Slacker is very very easy if you have Verizon
    1. Just FYI if you didn't catch it, Verizon is pushing Slacker to Storms and Tours. If you do a battery pull or use QuickPull, you'll find a link to download Slacker on your homepage. I prefer Pandora, but I've heard very good things about Slacker (especially in Canada, as I believe Pandora doesn't work up there)

2. I happen to really like Poynt, but again, I've heard you can't go wrong with WHERE. They're both free so why not download both and see which you like better.

3. I downloaded WeatherBug and thought I was happy with it. Downloaded BerryWeather just to see because it gets rave reviews and it had a free trail. It is far and away the best looking and functioning weather app, IMO. I'm definitely going to be paying the $10 for the app.
    07-27-09 10:52 PM
    Search the forums and look at stickies in the blackberry software section. Searching is always a good thing you can do yourself.

Not trying to flame... But just look in the software section for the other 800000 people who have asked those questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 10:53 PM
    You can try all these apps for free. It will depend on your preference which one you actually use. But definitely peruse the forums as said above. You'll get a lot of other ideas and other apps.
    I like Buzzd as an alternative to Poynt or Where and I use WeatherEye.
    07-27-09 11:03 PM
    I know there have been a ton of App threads, but I wanted to know what people thought about these particular areas (prefer free apps) :

1) Good radio? (how is Slacker)?
    2) App that tells me whats going on in my neighborhood, has museum listings, movies, broadway shows, etc. (what do you think of Poynt)
    3) Good weather app?

Any other useful apps I should be looking at?
    i would recommend pandora for the radio app...i tried slacker and like pandora a lot better personally...its free so try it and see what you think....

for the weather app i use weathereye and love it..its also free so download it and see what you think...

they can both be downloaded from the world app store off your device..
    07-27-09 11:06 PM
    1. Just FYI if you didn't catch it, Verizon is pushing Slacker to Storms and Tours. If you do a battery pull or use QuickPull, you'll find a link to download Slacker on your homepage. I prefer Pandora, but I've heard very good things about Slacker (especially in Canada, as I believe Pandora doesn't work up there)

2. I happen to really like Poynt, but again, I've heard you can't go wrong with WHERE. They're both free so why not download both and see which you like better.

3. I downloaded WeatherBug and thought I was happy with it. Downloaded BerryWeather just to see because it gets rave reviews and it had a free trail. It is far and away the best looking and functioning weather app, IMO. I'm definitely going to be paying the $10 for the app.

1. Slacker is being pushed to VZW storms...and my favorite radio app
    2. Don't use Poynt or Where but have tried both and Where is my choice of the two.
    3. If your gonna go free then Weatherbug is definately they way to... But Berry Weather is definitely worth the investment.

Hope this helps you out
    07-27-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD