Hey guys my BlackBerry 8900 was stolen about 2 months ago. I have since got the bold. Last night I noticed that a picture was uploaded to my facebook profile to my mobile pictures via a blackberry phone. It def was not my current phone.

I think someone that stole my phone uploaded it to my profile. I tried request him on BBM but they denied my request (didnt use my real name).

Is there anyway I can get any information from the picture that was uploaded or anything I can do with the IMEI or pin from my other phone? I have both and would love to find the ***** that stole it!

Thanks Guys!
    03-10-10 07:35 PM
    Call the service provider with the IMEI and the pin, they can help you.
    03-10-10 07:38 PM
    Start by changing the password fro facebook and any other sites which may be stored in the stolen phone. Before the thief has the idea of changing them.

Your service provider may be able to get the PIN and/or IMEI barred but you might need a copy of the police theft report to back it up. Apart from that, remember that what you are intending to do when you find the thief is probably completely illegal.
    03-10-10 08:02 PM
    Your service provider may be able to get the PIN and/or IMEI barred but you might need a copy of the police theft report to back it up. Apart from that, remember that what you are intending to do when you find the thief is probably completely illegal.
    US carriers dont blacklist IMEI's, but if its being used illegally, carriers may investigate it and maybe turn the info over law enforcement. RIM will bar PIN's which will make them unusable for BIS/BES accounts.
    03-10-10 09:14 PM
    When it was stolen two months ago did you report it stolen? If so they probably wont do anything as they obviously never did in the first place. Like Dictoresno said US GSM carriers dont blacklist IMEI's. Change your FB password and just go from there.
    03-10-10 10:01 PM
    For all stolen cells it makes sense to register them on mycellwasstolen.com which is the global database of stolen cells. A user can check his IMEI on this database and be sure that he is not buying a stolen phone. These IMEI numbers are periodically blacklisted by providers
    02-15-12 08:57 AM
    If photo geotagging is turned on, I believe you can get a rough idea where he is located as well. might help tracking him down if the police actually spend any time trying to find the guy.
    02-15-12 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD