Hello,

When I first got my curve 8310 about a year ago, I remember installing an app or using a service in which I could take a picture of writing (on a piece of paper, a whiteboard, ect...) and then email it to a server or something and get it back about 5 minutes later with my picture transcribed into a text document. I would love to use this again on my 8900, but I can't remember the name of it. I have searched all day and have found nothing. If anyone here knows what I am describing and could give me the name and/or post a link, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
    Eric
    06-25-09 07:04 PM
    Does anyone know?
    06-26-09 02:41 PM
    Hmm this app does not ring a bell to me. (and i've seen a lot of apps)
    06-26-09 02:53 PM
    Hmm this app does not ring a bell to me. (and i've seen a lot of apps)
    Yeah me too. I haven't seen it in a very long time. I have looked on countless webpages and all throughout app world and have found nothing. Im starting to think it may have been discontinued or something.
    06-26-09 02:56 PM
    not to be a tool or anythign but have you tried using google with the words picture transcriber and blackberry
    06-26-09 02:57 PM
    not to be a tool or anythign but have you tried using google with the words picture transcriber and blackberry
    No I haven't. I'll check it out though. Thanks.
    06-26-09 02:59 PM
    No I haven't. I'll check it out though. Thanks.
    np glad nobody started screaming that i was a **** and all that was just helping, and well im to lazy to google for myself lmao
    06-26-09 03:08 PM
    I believe the process you are describing is known as "optical character recognition."

Try searching for that.
    06-26-09 03:13 PM
    I believe the process you are describing is known as "optical character recognition."

Try searching for that.
    Thank you! I found it using those search terms. It is called scanr. scanR :: Scan, copy, and fax with your camera phone Thanks to everyone who helped me out.
    06-26-09 03:20 PM
    You're welcome. Glad to help.
    06-26-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD