Hi, I have downloaded and registered this app but am having trouble configuring it correctly.

Even though I have selected colors for led notifications..only the Red for missed calls and Green for email work.

Also I have set up the schedule times but I still get the green notification and alert all night..

any help is very appreciated

thanks.
    09-23-08 11:36 AM
    Hi screeema, are you using the latest version 1.49?
    You do have the "Program Controls LED" selected in the options? It's not selected by default.
    09-24-08 03:58 PM
    Hi screeema, are you using the latest version 1.49?
    v1.65 is the latest version.
    Last edited by KINetics; 09-24-08 at 04:31 PM.
    09-24-08 04:27 PM
    Also I have set up the schedule times but I still get the green notification and alert all night..
    In the "Schedule: menu, did you uncheck "LED Alert Always"?
    09-24-08 04:30 PM
    Sigh. Don't feel bad - my bbalerts never worked at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 04:36 PM
    Check the color selection again it purple blue all that. Just recheck what colors u want. And assign for what u want them for. I had it too. But couldn't get full version didn't have a pc to send it to my phone

09-24-08 05:19 PM
    had it too. But couldn't get full version didn't have a pc to send it to my phone
    It's available OTA
    09-25-08 03:39 AM
    I downloaded it and it's only working for my emails! I got some error that said it couldn't alert on my SMS messages wich totally blows...gonna reinstall and if that doesn't fix it I won't be buying it
    09-25-08 11:06 AM
    Yup. Mine only changed my LED for emails, as well. This hurts my poor little heart...
    09-25-08 11:08 AM
    screema:

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that your current Blackberry profile over-rides any other program you have for custom alerts.

You need to disable the Blackberry profile settings so other programs can have access to the alerts.

What I did (working so far) is set my profile settings to "none" for the LED & ringtones. THEN You need to configure BBAlerts options in BOTH the profiles AND the BBAlerts program.
    (a lot of trouble-I know)

Once I set my profiles to NONE, then my 3rd party apps are free to control the alerts accordingly.

As I said, this is my understanding, but I could be missing something. Hopefully there are some BBAlerts experts out there who could shed some more light on the subject.

Hope this helps.

_dave_
    09-25-08 12:28 PM
    Yeah, that didn't work for me, either.
    09-25-08 12:38 PM
    Yeah, that didn't work for me, either.
    sorry about that. That's too bad.

I've tried a quite a few 3rd party apps & some seem to be finicky.

I wish the instructions were a bit clearer on someof them. (some don't even have instructions - you've got to guess how the app is supposed to work)

Anyway, hope you can get it working sometime so your $$ won't be wasted.

_dave_
    09-25-08 01:02 PM
    sorry about that. That's too bad.

I've tried a quite a few 3rd party apps & some seem to be finicky.

I wish the instructions were a bit clearer on someof them. (some don't even have instructions - you've got to guess how the app is supposed to work)

Anyway, hope you can get it working sometime so your $$ won't be wasted.

_dave_
    I know- people put all this effort into creating an app (and charging for it!) and then don't take the time to write proper instructions!
    09-25-08 08:07 PM
    And my stupid BBAlerts just restarted itself over AGAIN.

WTH?
    I've deleted it and added it back and its still resetting itself over and over since I upgraded the OS.
    10-02-08 06:39 PM
    I did ota the alerts trial but when I wanted to pay it said had to be done on a pc for full version

10-04-08 09:03 PM
    I got an email from Handango...but they couldn't give me an answer so they sent my email to the developer.

They better get this mess straightened out

I really like this software and I would hate to lose it.
    10-04-08 09:08 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions but I think I give up!!

I tried contacting the developer but got very little help so
    I uninstalled...

thanks for the responses!!
    10-05-08 06:02 PM
    I'm still waiting on the developer to respond. I want to add it back sooooo badly.

Right now, I don't have it on there. I'm going to add it back tonight and see what it does, the new OS should be calmed down by now.

But from what I gather there are others who have had issues too on the new OS.
    10-05-08 08:15 PM
    I can only get the lights to work, not the sound even in seprate profiles. I would realy like my voicemail to be silent while letting sms ring.

10-11-08 05:31 AM
    Mine stopped working after I upgraded. They sent me an email telling me they refunded me today.
    10-14-08 11:33 AM
    I had to delete the application and re-install it, afterwards it was listed under the 'profiles' icon. I then was able to get it working properly...
    10-14-08 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD