I'll start by saying that I have searched CB forums and there are so many entries concerning Viigo, I don't even know where to start... My question is this, do you need a browser other than the BB browser to properly view content on Viigo? Such as Opera mini?

I downloaded and installed Viigo last week and at first glance thought "Woah, cool!" It seems like a great app. but most of the content that I have been able to check out seems to be some type of code for advertisement frames or it says "this content not supported by your browser" or something like that. Or for example... there are lines of text that are obviously supposed to be links to an article or some other page, but I don't have the option to click the link. I can "select" it, but that only allows me to highlight the link. It doesn't actually re-direct me anywhere. Basically, it's like I've got a text-only version of a really cool app. Another example is the National Geographic feed. I can open it and open one of the featured articles. The only thing in the article is a description of what kind of application it is. Does that make sense? It's almost like a teaser to what kind of cool stuff you can get, but no real link to where to find it. Or... I'm an ***** and just can't figure it out.

I know a lot of you use this app. What do I need to do to make it work for me?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by ryanfisher101; 05-28-08 at 10:08 AM. Reason: added more info
    05-28-08 10:04 AM
    Did you download Viigo CrackBerry edition? Try that and see. I have had no issues with Viigo and do not have Opera Mini installed either. I use my native BlackBerry browser and that's good enough for me. You do know that when you select an article to read that if you hit your menu key it will ask you to read the RSS feed or open the story in your browser...
    05-28-08 11:19 AM
    Did you download Viigo CrackBerry edition? Try that and see. I have had no issues with Viigo and do not have Opera Mini installed either. I use my native BlackBerry browser and that's good enough for me. You do know that when you select an article to read that if you hit your menu key it will ask you to read the RSS feed or open the story in your browser...
    How is the CB edition different? Does it just have the CB RSS feeds preloaded?
    05-28-08 11:28 AM
    I have the crackberry edition. I guess I just need to play with it a little more and figure out all of the ins and outs. Thanks for the help.
    05-28-08 11:54 AM
    I love viigo (cb edition)it is great to filter throught all the post on my normal forums and blogs during the day (read work) when I am pressewd for time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 04:29 PM
    I use the CB edition too, I thought it would look different but it's just the same as the usual Viigo.

Question:: has anyone managed to sync their Google Reader with Viigo?
    06-01-08 09:17 PM
    I am new to Viigo but have found the CB version pretty friendly. I did have to download a RSS reader which took me a while to figure out. Then realized I have to had to have a free account with it. But loving Google reader very easy to use and works great with Viigo. I have noticed that my browser is running a little slower today but not sure if that is from Viigo or just a BB server issue.
    06-01-08 10:52 PM
    Hey Folks,

Can someone tell me if I export my RSS Feeds from Outlook as an OPML file and then import it onto an RSS Reader on my BB, such as Viigo, will feeds I've read on the device then show up as read in Outlook once the device and PC have been synchronised.

If so, I'm assuming that it works the other way around. It'd be a real pain to have to remember what feeds I've already seen and mark multiple items as read twice.

I understand that Viigo can sync wirelessly with Google Reader but there's a bit of a delay as it only checks for new feeds automatically every hour. Is this correct?

Cheers for all the great help.
    06-05-08 03:17 AM
    anyone have an answer for srd05c? i'm wondering the same thing.
    06-05-08 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD