The Facebook 1.9 update came out a while back but I hesitated on updating it. For me, Facebook updates have always been troublesome because it always screws up something.

I remember reading comments about people who updated to 1.9 and saying something about if they deleted a Facebook notification on their phone, it disappears on Facebook as well (or something like that)? What other negatives did the 1.9 update bring?

I know the update brings Places to the the app which isn't a huge deal, but I was just considering updating but wanted to know the possible consequences first.
    12-17-10 02:28 PM
    There's two issues I am seeing with this version.

1) Like you stated. If you delete a message from the Facebook app it gets deleted from the the main facebook too.
    2) If you have the Facebook messages set to show up in your messages folder they sometime will not delete.

Other than that it's a good version. I like the addition of Facebook places to the app.
    12-17-10 02:47 PM
    There's two issues I am seeing with this version.

1) Like you stated. If you delete a message from the Facebook app it gets deleted from the the main facebook too.
    2) If you have the Facebook messages set to show up in your messages folder they sometime will not delete.

Other than that it's a good version. I like the addition of Facebook places to the app.
    When you said message, are you specifically talking about just private messages and not wall posts, status updates, etc?

So if I don't delete FB messages in my BB email inbox, will I have any issues? Any other huge benefits besides the addition of "places"?
    12-17-10 03:07 PM
    Anybody have anything else?
    12-19-10 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD