Just bought the app today. I have a 9800. Two things:
    Can I assign a key to open up a radom track from my music folder (like that shuffle option)?
    Can I assign a key to bring up the virtual keyboard on the 9800?

Not that amazed with the app so far to be honest, autofill doesn't work - am I missing what's so amazing about this app??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 04:56 PM
    What do you mean by "assign a key"? To the best of my knowledge, quicklaunch doesn't allow you to set convenience keys to something...

You can't set it to open a random track, only a pre-selected one

You can't (to the best of my knowledge) set it to open the virtual keyboard as an option, but you can set it to open it when the app opens.

Quicklaunch seems to be a love it or see no use for it app, but the Torch is efficient enough that users of it tend to lean more to the "see no use for it" side.

02-23-11 07:17 PM
    Just bought the app today. I have a 9800. Two things:
    Can I assign a key to open up a radom track from my music folder (like that shuffle option)?
    Can I assign a key to bring up the virtual keyboard on the 9800?

Not that amazed with the app so far to be honest, autofill doesn't work - am I missing what's so amazing about this app??

That's at least your 3rd post today in 3 different threads mentioning auto fill doesn't work on your device. I mentioned in 2 separate release threads that the feature doesn't work on all versions of OS 6 because of a BUG IN THE OS 6 OPERATING SYSTEM . Plus I also mention this in the update email that is emailed to customers and it's also clearly stated in the app itself under the aufo fill option yet you keep complaining that it doesnt work for you. What's your deal anyway?

How about I give you a refund?
    02-23-11 07:31 PM
    Why you mad though?

02-23-11 07:44 PM
    What do you mean by "assign a key"? To the best of my knowledge, quicklaunch doesn't allow you to set convenience keys to something...

You can't set it to open a random track, only a pre-selected one

You can't (to the best of my knowledge) set it to open the virtual keyboard as an option, but you can set it to open it when the app opens.

Quicklaunch seems to be a love it or see no use for it app, but the Torch is efficient enough that users of it tend to lean more to the "see no use for it" side.

Thanks for the non-snotty reply. Am simply trying to educate myself on the app. Would have to agree about its uselessness on a Torch.

02-23-11 07:47 PM
    ...and I was simply trying to educate you on the fact that it's stated multiple times in several places that the feature doesn't work on all os6 browsers.
    Also a quick check on the feature list posted on nikkisoft.com or the mobihand store or crackberry store or app world would have educated you on the fact that it doesn't launch the virtual keyboard.
    02-23-11 07:54 PM
    Strong use of italics. Your hands down the biggest ****** I've encountered on crackberry. Well done.

02-23-11 08:20 PM
    Your right kha! I asked him a simple question a while ago and he went off the handle. Not a professional attitude at all. Needs to go back to customer service school. Your better off getting a refund and don't look back.

02-23-11 08:38 PM
    if had used bold italics or strong font it would have been strong. i used normal font w/ italics thus... not strong. but maybe you can make another thread about that too to educate yourself some more.

but whatever... just because i make an app doesn't mean i can't say what i want to whom i want on a forum just as you have.
    02-23-11 09:01 PM
    Ohhh he's the creator of the app.

This explains the silver spoon up his ***.

02-23-11 09:42 PM
    You came to that conclusion all by yourself?
    02-23-11 09:58 PM
    Ohhh he's the creator of the app.

This explains the silver spoon up his ***.

I just bet as a developer who must often deal with misunderstandings or bashing of his work by others, wouldn't you be just a bit tired of know-it-not-at-alls making rude comments on a regular basis? Something tells me you wouldn't be very understanding.

02-23-11 10:06 PM
    i dont mind bashing. it's ppl's right to like or not like an app or say it sucks or whatever. don't appreciate the rude know-it-alls who post in 3 different threads whining about a feature that doesnt work for them when i specifically said it wont work for their device then claiming they were 'simply educating' themselves however.
    02-23-11 10:14 PM
    For the record, I've been using QuickLaunch on two different devices, and I've emailed CheetahAce in the past re: bugs. He has been nothing but cordial, respectful and helpful in his responses to me.

02-23-11 10:31 PM
    "Doesn't work on some versions of OS 6"
    Strong explanation when paired with a thread in 9800 section stating how the app has been updated for the 9800 with autofill.

02-23-11 10:32 PM

02-23-11 10:47 PM
    Thanks for the non-snotty reply. Am simply trying to educate myself on the app. Would have to agree about its uselessness on a Torch.
    "Doesn't work on some versions of OS 6"
    Strong explanation when paired with a thread in 9800 section stating how the app has been updated for the 9800 with autofill.
    Listen. There are at least a half dozen OS6 versions floating around for the Torch. He made a point of saying it might not for some people because of firmware bugs.
    And guess what? Auto Fill works wonderfully for me on my Torch.
    Just like all the features of QL did on my Tour and on my Bold 9700.

And when I had an issue with my QL activation code when switching devices, Cheetah was the only one who was able (and willing!) to help.

And there's a reason why QL has been nominated and then won the annual app awards: because a lot of people bought it, and virtually all of them like it. Or love it.
    There is an insane amount of features and functions packed in there. Saying it's useless right after you got it again shines a spotlight on your ignorance.

But your biggest & most most asinine display is your need to resort to foul language and derogatory terms to, in your small mind, make your point.

The Forum rules are clear on the use of foul language. I think you should just back down and go away before you get yourself in any more trouble.
    Last edited by elite1; 02-23-11 at 11:51 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-23-11 11:45 PM
    ITT: strong misc presence

02-23-11 11:54 PM
    QL is a sweet little app. I use ShortCutMe too though. QL on the right key, SCM on the left. SCM can start your music player on shuffle. SCM is actually way faster in terms of getting to apps and such but QL has a lot of other features too. Those 2 apps are easily my favorites. Of course I have a Storm 2 which only runs 5.0. With OS 6, both are kind of obsolete.
    02-23-11 11:59 PM
    For the record, I've been using QuickLaunch on two different devices, and I've emailed CheetahAce in the past re: bugs. He has been nothing but cordial, respectful and helpful in his responses to me.

I agree CheetahAce has always been very helpful to me as well. I just emailed him tonight and he got back to me quickly. IMO QuickLaunch is the # 1 app for your BB. I'm sorry you're having problems.
    02-24-11 01:40 AM
    QL is a sweet little app. I use ShortCutMe too though. QL on the right key, SCM on the left. SCM can start your music player on shuffle. SCM is actually way faster in terms of getting to apps and such but QL has a lot of other features too. Those 2 apps are easily my favorites. Of course I have a Storm 2 which only runs 5.0. With OS 6, both are kind of obsolete.
    Not even remotely close to being obsolete on OS6.
    02-24-11 01:41 AM
    Of course I have a Storm 2 which only runs 5.0. With OS 6, both are kind of obsolete.
    dunno about scm, but believe me QL is far from obsolete on OS6/Torch touchscreen.

02-24-11 01:42 AM
    QL is obsolete? I don't think so!!!
    02-24-11 01:44 AM
    None of them are obsolete at all, SCM can actually do a bit more than QL as it has its own macro "language" plus a few more features like stroke launching (beta) and macro scheduling (beta), so you can pretty much do anything you want. I still use both though, QL for one touch launches for a few items, mostly websites and been trying autofill, but i use SCM to manipulate QL most of the time.
    02-24-11 01:52 AM
    Not even remotely close to being obsolete on OS6.
    dunno about scm, but believe me QL is far from obsolete on OS6/Torch touchscreen.
    QL is obsolete? I don't think so!!!
    Another +1 here too. QL continues to be my most used 3rd party app.

Was very annoyed with the solo Convenience Key of the Torch when I first got it. Put QL on the Conv Key and hated it. With the frequency I use QL, I wasn't finding it comfortable repeatedly pressing the harder 2-stage Conv Key obviously intended for Camera.

Shao's SixTools app swooped in and saved the day.
    Its option of making up to 3 more Conv Keys out of the Volume Up & Down and the Mute key was just clutch for me!
    02-24-11 06:54 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD