Very newbie trying to figure out if her Curve will do what she needs it to out of box.

Rogers said I could view word and excel but not edit. I assumed that is BB out of of box ability but various posts in different forums make me wonder.

Yes I can barely turn the BB off let alone figure out what it can do but I'm learning fast!

Feedback please!
    07-15-08 09:01 AM
    I have vzw and have no problems with either *.xls or *.doc files and they were correct you would not be able to edit them.
    07-15-08 09:05 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

One of the support programs included with your Curve is the BlackBerry Attachment Service:

Attachment Services

Attachment Viewing
    Get all the information you need while you're on the go with the ability to open and view email attachments on your BlackBerry device, whether you have integrated your device using BlackBerry Internet Service™* or BlackBerry Enterprise

Popular Attachment Format Support
    Microsoft� Word
    Microsoft Excel
    Microsoft PowerPoint�
    Corel� WordPerfect�
    Adobe� PDF
    ASCII documents
    HTML attachments
    File types listed above archived in .zip format ...
    This only works with documents received as attachments to email. You can view the documents, but there is no provision for editing.

If editing Word or PowerPoint documents is important, the next generation of software includes a working sample of the DocToGo program. It will allow you to open, edit and save an existing document stored on your media card.

The full versions of the DocsToGo is not available yet, but it will be in production soon. You will also have the ability to work with Excel documents.
    07-15-08 09:57 AM
    The new version of Docs to go is available, google data viz, you have to have OS 4.5 installed on your device to use it. If you have 4.5 you can download a free 30 trial of the full software or buy an upgrade to the software that comes with 4.5
    07-15-08 11:49 AM
    I guess that you now have your answer http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/urg...nformed-51790/
    07-15-08 12:10 PM
    Any thoughts on Google Doc Mobile?
    07-21-08 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD