Is it so wrong.....??

I have been liberated from our corporate BES and now on my own with
    Yahoo, BIS and my 9000 v4.6.0.167 on ATT.

I am synching fine with the Yahoo mail. But, I want to get my Contacts, Calendar and my Tasks to synch if I could.

It appears that I need a release 5+ of the OS and I am not sure if that would give me the integration I am looking for. Can someone confirm if all three would synch?

If I were to try an upgrade of a 9000 to 5+ I wish I could find a straightforward way to do it since I am new to maintaining by BBerry.

Any guidance appreciated...
    07-24-10 12:37 PM
    You can sync your BB calendar, address book, memo pad, and tasks to Yahoo calendar, contacts, notepad, and Tasks tab on Yahoo calendar respectively using Desktop Manager. Many people use Desktop Manager to sync to Outlook on their PC. It can also be easily configured to sync to Yahoo. You can configure the sync direction of each application individually.

If you don't have Desktop Manager, you can download it from blackberry.com

To the mod who moved this to 3rd party Apps: No 3rd party apps involved. This would be better in Desktop Manager.
    07-25-10 06:49 AM
    Tt are you sure? Have you or anyone done it? I was told I need to use Outlook. I do hope it will work with Y! Thanks.
    B B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 06:19 AM
    Yes I have done it.
    07-26-10 06:31 AM
    Connect your device to your computer and open Desktop Manager. Click "Synchronize...Change option for synchronizing..." On the left side, click the word “Synchronization” under “Configure.” On the right side, click on Synchronization. The setup window will open with the BB apps Calendar, MemoPad, Address Book, and Tasks listed. What they sync to/from is listed on the right side, if it is set up. Click on one of the 4 applications and then click Setup. You will see a list of available “desktop” applications that you can sync with. For me, for Address Book, my list includes Outlook, Windows Address Book/Mail, ASCII Importer/Exporter, and Yahoo! (If you don’t see Yahoo in the list, it may because you have an older version of Desktop Manager. I have version 5.0.1.37 (Mar 10 2010).) If you do see Yahoo, select it and click Next. Choose you sync direction. Click Next. Click Options and enter your Yahoo user name and password. Click Next, and then Finish. Repeat for the other application that you wish to sync to/from Yahoo.
    07-26-10 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD