I like Google Maps FAR better than BB maps. In fact the ONLY reason I still have BB maps installed is that I can open a contact and click on View Map to quickly get a map to that location.

Is there anyway to tell my BB to do this with Google Maps instead of BB Maps?
    07-19-08 09:05 AM
    Anything I've read on CB says it can't be done.
    07-19-08 09:11 AM
    I like Google Maps FAR better than BB maps. In fact the ONLY reason I still have BB maps installed is that I can open a contact and click on View Map to quickly get a map to that location.

Is there anyway to tell my BB to do this with Google Maps instead of BB Maps?
    I have both Google Maps and Blackberry Maps installed on my 8830 and use both. When I open a contact, instead of "View Map" I have "Show on Google Maps." Unfortunately, I don't know what if anything I did to make Google the default! So that's not much help. You can always use the Desktop Manager App Loader to remove BBMaps. With it gone, Google Maps will probably become the default.
    07-19-08 05:59 PM
    With it gone, Google Maps will probably become the default.
    Thanks for the tip. I never knew or payed much attention to that feature.

You may be right though. I only have Google installed and it does "Show on Google Maps". If you have an address assigned to the contact, you can also search nearby, ask directions, etc. Lots of good stuff.

Thanks again Jeff
    07-19-08 06:19 PM
    I deleted BB maps and just use Google Maps.
    07-19-08 06:30 PM
    With it gone, Google Maps will probably become the default.
    Wow...very neat catch. Works perfectly!!!
    07-19-08 08:33 PM
    I have links in the menu in contacts for both view map and show on google maps plus an option called drive to which loads it up in sprint navigator (telenav).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD