My son has a 9650 on Verizon. I would like to know if I can block him from using Facebook on his phone. I did a search but came up empty. I also called Verizon and the rep told me it's not possible to limit web access on a BB. I would appreciate your help. thanks.
    12-15-10 09:24 PM
    You would have to do it via policy. There are several policy's that block certain sites. The other thing you can do is force them to surf the web through your system and remove the internet browser. So all they can use is the blackberry browser. That will not allow them to change browsers to get around the system or to access any website that is not allowed via your firewall. Best thing to do is go to the support page and look for the policy manual for your BES. You will find a world of things that you can control.
    12-16-10 03:10 AM
    I doubt the OP is on BES, which indeed can control the functions on a BlackBerry. I don't really have any answers for a BIS device.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-16-10 07:45 AM
    I doubt the OP is on BES, which indeed can control the functions on a BlackBerry. I don't really have any answers for a BIS device.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    +1 LOL, I doubt someone's mom can block apps on BIS!
    12-16-10 08:05 AM
    You will need a 3rd party App such as Mobile Watch Dog
    Please click the link to read more
    Block apps and unauthorized browsing with My Mobile Watchdog - Know Your Cell

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 08:14 AM
    Thanks for the input. It is true I am not on BES, I am on BIS. The mobile watchdog app looks promising. It would be nice to avoid the monthy fee. Thanks again.
    12-16-10 05:11 PM
    what carrier? and what is the monthly fee associated with Facebook? just out of interest.
    moiselles likes this.
    12-16-10 10:28 PM
    The bb only has internet browser and hotspot browser right?

12-16-10 11:20 PM
    The bb only has internet browser and hotspot browser right?

By default. Third party browsers such as Opera Mini are available.

12-17-10 03:54 AM
    what carrier? and what is the monthly fee associated with Facebook? just out of interest.
    Facebook doesn't have a monthly fee... it's free.

The monthly fee the OP is talking about is the monthly fee for the WatchDog app of $9.95.
    Last edited by hmutt; 12-17-10 at 02:55 PM.
    12-17-10 02:52 PM
    You can block FB all you'd like on the phone. The kid will easily just use a friend's
    phone to use the mobile site or something.
    12-17-10 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD