With the App Center coming soon it made me wonder if its possible to increase the free memory with a future OS update? Theres a lot of question around memory leaks and lack of available memory. Does anyone know if this is possible? It would be nice...Thanks!
    02-04-09 09:28 PM
    Anything is possible... But only RIM and Verizon know...
    02-04-09 09:29 PM
    I'm running .75 now but i remember when I went to .90, I saw an increase in memory with the same apps running.

So i'm assuming the answer to your question is yes.
    02-04-09 09:32 PM
    It would be nice if we could finally save apps to our memory cards

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 09:32 PM
    That would be great because I know we are all anticipating the App Store and are going to be loading up our Storms
    02-04-09 09:33 PM
    Yes in this day in age the 40 or so MB of app memory this phone has is pretty low in my book (especially for a do it all media/business device). This phone has 1 gig of internal memory, I don't see why a future OS can't open up more of the phone's memory for apps.
    02-04-09 09:53 PM
    I know a lot of people on these forums talk about memory as much as 50 MB which i have always find amusing. i am running .75 and even after a batter pull, i have never seen my memory more than 38 MB. So I guess those people might be running higher unofficial versions
    02-04-09 09:55 PM
    I was getting about 36 MB on .85, but once I upgraded to .99 I am sitting at 42MB! Needless to say I was happy and I do believe it is possible to open up more memory.
    02-04-09 10:00 PM
    Some people have deleted apps on their phones which opens up memory, also I do believe that the more messages/e-mails and Blackberry Messenger conversations stored on your device (nice and lonngggggg ones) do eat into that memory #.
    02-04-09 10:00 PM
    I was getting about 36 MB on .85, but once I upgraded to .99 I am sitting at 42MB! Needless to say I was happy and I do believe it is possible to open up more memory.
    I'm running .99 and only get 29.5
    02-04-09 10:04 PM
    Somewhere within the last couple of days, I saw mention that the architecture of the Storm allocates the user memory from the 1GB internal memory, and thus if RIM chooses, they can slide the memory bar either way. I would very much choose to have less of the now 850MB for storage and have more for programs. That's what the SD Card is for, right? lol
    02-04-09 10:14 PM
    if your right JB i agree with you... **** give me 200-300MB of on board i can play with for like ringtones , MMS, SMS, and e-mail notices (thats plenty of space and will allow for quicker playing of notification) and then we have an endless amount of APP memory for a phone... if you fill that up your doing something wrong lol
    02-04-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD