Downloaded the application no problem this morning, but haven't been able to get into the App Store yet. Keeps showing "Loading" and then the error message:

"BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server. Verify your network connection and try again"

Other than that, web browsing has been working fine.

Has anyone on Rogers been able to access the store?
    04-01-09 10:22 AM
    no problems for me this morning
    04-01-09 10:27 AM
    yep works fine for me... i had a problem downloading the software at first, it said "connection timeout" - so i tried again, it installed fine, and i can browse the apps... haven't tried to download yet.

just try again.
    04-01-09 10:27 AM
    Works for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 10:54 AM
    Downloaded over Rogers today and connected instantly. Sorry.

04-01-09 11:31 AM
    Yep! And it's A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!

04-01-09 11:40 AM
    "Third" party apps usually require the APN seetings to be set up. If this is not the issue then I don't know what to tell ya. Reboot maybe?

04-01-09 11:41 AM
    Downloaded the application no problem this morning, but haven't been able to get into the App Store yet. Keeps showing "Loading" and then the error message:

"BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server. Verify your network connection and try again"

Other than that, web browsing has been working fine.

Has anyone on Rogers been able to access the store?
    I've been having the same problem all day long and starting to think there's a setting on my BB preventing it from working. I have the correct APN settings already setup.
    04-01-09 12:58 PM
    No problems here either!

04-01-09 01:04 PM
    Where do you set the apn and what is it for Rogers?

I don't recall setting it up. The App Store just dies and doesn't allow me to enter any settings.

Thx
    04-01-09 02:01 PM
    I set my APN as internet.com after YouTube wouldn't work on 3G. Everything has been great since then.

If that doesn't work you can try APN GoRogers.com maybe.

04-01-09 02:08 PM
    Blackpool....where do you go on your device to set the APN. I recognize internet.com as something I've set before, so I'm pretty sure I'm set up right....just can't remember where to go to check
    04-01-09 02:11 PM
    Blackpool....where do you go on your device to set the APN. I recognize internet.com as something I've set before, so I'm pretty sure I'm set up right....just can't remember where to go to check
    did you figure out where to check?? im having the same problem and i want to see what mine is on
    04-01-09 05:14 PM
    My friend couldn't download until he disabled his firewall . Might be an easy fix.
    04-01-09 05:40 PM
    I've had no trouble accessing App Worlds. Have downloaded a number of items already. And for what it's worth I haven't had to set my APN seetings.

For the record, you can access the APN settings:

Options --> Advanced Settings --> TCP/IP

04-01-09 05:41 PM
    "Third" party apps usually require the APN seetings to be set up. If this is not the issue then I don't know what to tell ya. Reboot maybe?

If we are talking about the blackberry app world it is made by RIM. Not exactly third party. I'm sure it doesn't need APN settings.
    04-01-09 05:45 PM
    I didn't have a problem early this morning. However, I did download it via my laptop, and had to connect my Bold to it before an ActiveX script came up.

I haven't downloaded anything just yet...there are some interesting apps.
    04-01-09 06:40 PM
    Strange.....still getting the same error message. Tried it with and without APN settings, but I haven't been able to get in.

Think I should risk calling Rogers Data Technical Support?
    04-02-09 10:20 AM
    I dl'ed it straight to my phone & works perfectly..I've installed a few of the free apps aswell..
    04-02-09 11:16 AM
    ....I was beginning to think it was just me, but I got a reply to my post on the Blackberry Support forums:

"This article should explain.

View Document

There will be a fix for this posted soon!
    04-03-09 09:13 AM
    Same here downloaded it straight OTA , installed a few apps and works perfect. Try the new update that just came out !

04-03-09 09:17 AM
    Also like another member mentioned, disable your firewall and give it a shot pal

04-03-09 11:59 AM
    Apparantly there is an issue for users on a BES using a proxy server. Fix on the way, but no ETA right now
    04-03-09 03:23 PM
    i couldnt access it. but then again, i tried on wifi
    04-03-09 05:15 PM
    You folks may want to try reloading App World. There's a slightly upgraded version now online.

RIM Updates App World To Fix Connection Issues! | CrackBerry.com

I just downloaded it again, and now I have 1.0.0.28
    04-03-09 05:25 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD