well with this info I messed with it a bit and found if I take 10 pics and close the app then open it and take one pic with the sound on, my phone works perfectly.
    04-24-12 09:27 AM
    We have been asked by AppWorld to remove ShutUpCamera app from AppWorld unless we change it so that there is a shutter sound! We have been referred to this link: Bill Summary & Status - 111th Congress (2009 - 2010) - H.R.414 - All Information - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

We respect the policy adhered by AppWorld and see what we can do to mitigate this as there are some similar apps out there.
    Last edited by devcellent; 04-25-12 at 09:34 AM.
    04-25-12 09:23 AM
    So what now? Will there be further developments on this app and will there be a way to acquire this app outside of App World?
    04-25-12 09:26 AM
    So what now? Will there be further developments on this app and will there be a way to acquire this app outside of App World?
    We respect AppWorld's decision, and will cooperate to find a resolution.
    04-25-12 09:43 AM
    We respect AppWorld's decision, and will cooperate to find a resolution.
    Have just tweeted Alec Saunders about this its ridiculous its a States only rule, don't see why the laws of the States have to effect customers all over the world, it should be banned from the States only if needed, really stupid move.
    All the other OSes allow shutter muting, RIM seem to think all their customers are pervs, thats so stupid.
    Its not the law outside the States and other OSes allow it, RIM isn't in a position to be removing apps other platforms have when their main problem is a shortage of apps.
    04-25-12 10:05 AM
    Unless I missed something, it looks like this bill died in committee.
    04-25-12 12:52 PM
    Unless I missed something, it looks like this bill died in committee.
    As a vendor, we need to adhere by the policy of AppWorld. Therefore, we have removed ShutUpCamera from sale in AppWorld.
    04-25-12 01:01 PM
    As a vendor, we need to adhere by the policy of AppWorld. Therefore, we have removed ShutUpCamera from sale in AppWorld.
    Why can't you make it available outside of AppWorld as a possible OTA download?
    04-25-12 02:09 PM
    How come other phones can turn off shutter noise?
    04-25-12 02:25 PM
    If you already bought it. Is it still on the Appworld list if we remove it and for example reinstall it? Or can't we acces it anymore?
    04-25-12 02:55 PM
    Will RIM be issuing refunds?

What's the most effective way to complain to RIM about this? And yes, if you could host this elsewhere that would be great
    04-25-12 04:56 PM
    pardon me if i'm asking a truly dumb question but if we already bought and downloaded it, will Rim somehow be able to take it off our phones?
    04-25-12 06:25 PM
    Im hoping someone at RIM knows what they're doing and realises all other OSes allow camera muting, that not all their customers are pervs, and that if they want to use obscure US rules to justify app removals, they should do it for the US stores only.
    Its ridiculous to run promotions offering free apps in America only, and then also ban apps all over the world based on American laws, its just ridiculous.
    RIM need to get their thumbs out, devs have brought a function that should have been native to the ecosystem, and once again they treat these valuable devs like crap while treating those that bring sub par apps to the ecosystem like royalty.
    I hope Devcellent will look to provide their app, and future support, via other means, even if its directly through their website.
    RIM just keep shooting themselves in the foot, sometimes it really seems like the management and decision makers couldn't organise a drinking contest in a brewery.
    04-25-12 06:37 PM
    If you already bought it. Is it still on the Appworld list if we remove it and for example reinstall it? Or can't we acces it anymore?
    In such cases, please contact us at [email protected] with your device PIN and AppWorldId, and we would provide you a OTA link. We will try our best to support our customers.
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-25-12 10:52 PM
    pardon me if i'm asking a truly dumb question but if we already bought and downloaded it, will Rim somehow be able to take it off our phones?
    We do not think that they would do such thing.
    04-25-12 10:56 PM
    We have been asked by AppWorld to remove ShutUpCamera app from AppWorld unless we change it so that there is a shutter sound! We have been referred to this link: Bill Summary & Status - 111th Congress (2009 - 2010) - H.R.414 - All Information - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

We respect the policy adhered by AppWorld and see what we can do to mitigate this as there are some similar apps out there.
    But yet, there are other companies that allow muting cameras... RIM should only do this in US and not for all customers. I think I am done for good with RIM's units. Most Androids and other phone manufactures have camera mute. Go to RIM and if I am really a criminal, banning these app won't stop me from committing a crime. The neo-cons in US must be very proud to give up their freedom of choice!

Remember, no matter what, criminals find a way to bypass anything. It is the ordinary people like us who suffer from these stupid laws. I fail to see the difference between Chinese politics and American politics!
    05-04-12 07:50 AM
    I'm pretty sure iPhones take silent pics when the silent switch is flipped on them. Truly this should be allowed on all phones. If someone really wants to be a perv they will still find a way to take photos without a noise. I for one would like this for times when making a noise would be distracting to a crowd, etc.
    05-21-12 12:18 PM
    Really? On my iPod touch the camera sounds off even with the volume off.
    05-21-12 01:10 PM
    On every other device its possible. Alec Saunders is aware of this and still is 'looking into' it. Of course RIM will never attract developers when they treat them this way, its disgraceful. Doesn't help treating consumers and customers this way either. But to be expected given the people currently running things, including the people running the developer relations side of things.
    05-21-12 07:20 PM
    Does this new Prank Cam app provide the same feature as CameraMute, which is to silent the camera?
    05-24-12 10:26 AM
    No! Please note that the Silent/Mute camera features are not allowed according to AppWorld policy.

Does this new Prank Cam app provide the same feature as CameraMute, which is to silent the camera?
    05-24-12 10:32 AM
    What I don't understand is why phones and digital cameras are "obligated" to make a sound 10 times as loud as a pocket camera's real (mechanical) shutter.
    05-25-12 06:28 AM
    Really? On my iPod touch the camera sounds off even with the volume off.
    Perhaps the ipod touch is different? My son and daughter both have Iphones that do not make a sound when they take pictures
    05-26-12 04:50 AM
    ShutUp Camera - Silent Native Camera Mute on CrackBerry App Superstore

Also Checkout our BBM connected camera app PrankCam for free, which is now also integrated with FaceBook & Twitter.

Free Prank Cam - Wicked Camera - Download Prank Cam - Wicked Camera - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Enjoy Responsively!
    bobauckland likes this.
    05-30-12 08:41 AM
    Got it from Crackberry store. No issues here!

Thanks guys!

9900 7.1.0.391

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    devcellent likes this.
    05-30-12 09:32 AM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD