There are tons of people who want an app that can disable / mute the camera shutter sound on the Torch.

BerryAnnoying doesn't work and QuickLaunch said they will not offer it on the Torch.

The demand is there, I hope someone makes this happen!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 02:55 PM
    10-05-10 03:12 PM
    There are tons of people who want an app that can disable / mute the camera shutter sound on the Torch.

BerryAnnoying doesn't work and QuickLaunch said they will not offer it on the Torch.

The demand is there, I hope someone makes this happen!

I never said i 'wouldn't offer it on the torch'. I said 'it doesn't work on the torch' so I removed that feature for the torch. Rim seems to have disabled / broken that capability on either the torch or os 6.
    10-05-10 04:21 PM
    That's a useless link. I'm aware that there is no app for this right now.

What I'm asking is that someone either develop one or update their older apps to make it work, as there is a demand for it.

10-05-10 04:24 PM
    I never said i 'wouldn't offer it on the torch'. I said 'it doesn't work on the torch' so I removed that feature for the torch. Rim seems to have disabled / broken that capability on either the torch or os 6.
    Sorry CheetaAce, someone asked if it was going to be added and you answered 'no'. I interperted that as 'not gonna happen'.

I really hope you do get it working!

10-05-10 04:26 PM
    oh. yea i probably did say 'no' a few times because I got tired of answering that question haha. sorry.

anyway, i'm still trying to figure out a workaround but no solution yet.
    thanks
    10-05-10 08:05 PM
    Yah would be great if that could be updated to silence the camera shutter sound, i realize they may have done it for a possible law, but it isn't a law as of now, and not everyone lives in the United States..
    11-08-10 02:41 AM
    Sorry nothing I can do...

11-08-10 02:52 AM
    I can Beta test apps, i don't have anything on my Torch that isn't restorable via a backup, since i am not a business class user i use my phone more for casual / entertainment uses, i don't have to worry about losing anything of utmost importance.
    11-08-10 11:47 AM
    yea.. waiting for a good developer to do it too...
    11-10-10 06:55 PM
    yea.. waiting for a good developer to do it too...
    BBA and CheetahAce are 2 of the best BB devs out there.
    11-10-10 07:33 PM
    Any news ?
    11-13-10 11:23 PM
    yea... We dont fking live in usa or canada where this crap legislation is valid in.. and.. so frustrating.. cant prove that a customer said this or that..
    11-14-10 12:59 AM
    yea... We dont fking live in usa or canada where this crap legislation is valid in.. and.. so frustrating.. cant prove that a customer said this or that..
    I don't see how a camera mute app can help you with that issue.

I suggest you invest in a voice recorder and check you local laws on covert audio recording.

11-16-10 01:55 PM
    Simply use capture it. Bring up your camera point at what you want to take a pic of and from the blackberry menu run capture it and take a screenshot! The phone will just vibrate. It aint elegant but it works.

-Racked my brain on how to do this all night then it hit me...
    Last edited by Ryan00101101; 11-30-10 at 08:41 PM.
    11-30-10 08:39 PM
    This is not the best solution because it only take a 480x360 picture. Nowhere near the full abilities of the camera...

12-05-10 09:03 PM
    I have two friends with 9800 running 9800/6.0.0.337 and they have the option to use the camera mute on their phone through QL. Why does it work for them and not others?

12-16-10 11:04 AM
    I have two friends with 9800 running 9800/6.0.0.337 and they have the option to use the camera mute on their phone through QL. Why does it work for them and not others?

The camera mute option in QL might be there, but it doesn't actually mute the shutter sound.

12-16-10 12:18 PM
    Still nothing. I was in a school the other day and wanted to snag a picture of my child but it would of been too loud.
    01-02-11 09:44 PM
    I just download camera mute app for the 9780 and it works perfect.
    Why doesn't it works with the 9800?

02-08-11 04:11 PM
    there is no camera mute for the torch. if your QL has that function then you have the wrong version for the torch.
    02-08-11 05:04 PM
    i'm wondering, has this been solved? And is there an option if i have the 9810?

I know i'm a bit late, like I said just wondering...
    10-03-17 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD