How do I solve this? I know for sure it is slacker radio causing it. I edited Slacker permissions to deny and it was fixed until I got back on Slacker with an allow permissions then my camera won't work again. Gives me an error telling me to shut down an application. I shutdown Slacker radio on exit still does it. Is this a software glitch on the Tour? Should I return it to the Verizon store? I have only had this phone a month. Very irritated over this

My 1st post BTW....
    10-12-09 10:07 AM
    It is a known issue. I have read that newer versions of Slacker may fix it but others still say it's a problem.

I don't think EXITING slacker fixes it.

My speculation - probably because slacker did/does something in memory that mere exiting does not "erase" so the memory is gone or glitched or who-knows-what until you reboot by pulling the battery.

You can search for other threads on this issue.

Oh, so bottom line - returning the phone probably will not fix this.
    10-12-09 10:26 AM
    Denying access on the permissions forced it to reboot which shuts down the slacker app. Not the best way to do it but easier than a battery pull since I don't know how to do that yet. I will go voice my opinion on it not really wanting a new phone just make the one I have work like it's suppose to.
    10-12-09 10:36 AM
    I think I have it solved. Do the following and the camera will work after using Slacker radio.

options
    advanced options
    applications
    go to slacker radio click on edit permissions set "connections" to DENY.

Mine has been working fine since doing this. YMMV.
    10-12-09 01:06 PM
    Do you have to then allow connections later if you want to use Slacker radio?

By the way, a battery pull - is with the phone ON, remove battery for 30+ seconds.

Another way - Press all at the same time Alt-RightShift-Del and sometimes a second sequence just as the phone screen comes back on and turn white is more equivalent to a battery pull.
    10-12-09 01:43 PM
    Well it worked fine for about an hour with connection DENY set now it is back to no camera working after listening to slacker radio. This has to be a memory issue. very disappointing.
    10-12-09 02:36 PM
    I emailed Slacker support. They are aware of this problem on Blackberry and working on a fix. In the meantime I took my phone in for another issue. The speaker is blown on the phone sounds like your listening to a garbled sound when you get a call. New phone on order and It will be here this thursday. Rep told me tis was the 1st Tour back with a problem and he said they had sold a lot of them. Figures mine would be the piece of junk. My wifes works/sounds fine.
    10-13-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD