I upgraded to the palm pre on launch day 6/6/09 and I still have the 8330 and my dad decided he would like to try it out. I was checking everything out and came upon this issue. He would like to have a camera in his phone whatever he decides to go with. I know the camera worked when I upgraded to the pre because I was going to take pics of it with the 8330 I opened the camera app back at that time and seen what the camera was seeing in the app. However I never did actually take any pics. I never touched it again since then other than to charge it up and let it sit until the battery got low and then charge it up. All the radios turned off since it was no longer being used. Anyone have any ideas what has happened and how to fix it?
    08-23-09 07:53 PM
    Have you tried the standard Battery Pull? Many times that will resolve camera issues. Pull the battery for 30 seconds and reinstall, letting the phone reboot and try it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 08:07 PM
    Yeah a battery pull should do the trick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 05:13 AM
    I pulled the battery out and left it out for a number of minutes, however it is still just black instead of seeing what the camera sees. Anything else I can try?
    08-24-09 02:26 PM
    I backed up all my data and such and wiped it. This appears to have corrected the problem with the camera app. It now shows what the camera sees in the app. Must have been some crazy weird thing to have acted like that and need a wipe to correct it.
    08-26-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD