EDIT:

K Basically...is there a way we can develop an app that will run similar to Google Latitude and constantly send out GPS co-ordinates via SMS or somehow link it to Gmaps so that if the phone were stolen/lost, one could retrieve it?

obviously user should have the choice to turn it off, choose intervals at when gps co-ords are sent out etc....

If an app exists like this, please advise
    Last edited by MGV; 03-11-09 at 09:48 PM.
    03-11-09 09:33 PM
    There is, it was on another thread around here somewhere.. I forget which one though.

Try a search - or hope that whoever said something sees this thread.
    03-11-09 11:10 PM
    Roblock is a popular "anti theft" app. It doesn't really prevent the device from being stolen however it would help to recover it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 01:25 AM
    There's also "BerryLocator" which I have the trial for. It's kind of nice. It's not free though, if you want the full product.
    03-12-09 02:45 AM
    do a google search for instamapper. it may be what your looking for
    03-12-09 05:19 AM
    Wow..thanks guys!!!!
    I'm gonna try them all, one after the other.

I'm trying out Instamapper first, so I'll post what I think if anyone's interested.
    03-12-09 09:17 AM
    All those in favour of suggesting InstaMapper become a part of the CORE apps so that even if the device is wiped, the core apps still stay and the app can keep running as set up say Aye!!! Atleast until the user plugs the device into their pc and changes the os!!! Which gives sufficient time for the BB to broadcast its last location and you can go and find the offender and.....
    03-12-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD