Alright, so I'm in LOVE with the new Facebook application for Blackberry...although it's evolved a LOT slower than the iPhone FB App, I still love this one (although I wish you can comment on WALL posts...for that I just use the web browser!)

But I had a question involving notifications:

So I was able to set it up to where I get a little FB icon when I get a new notification. I notice, however, that I don't receive the actual email notification (I use gmail) on my phone...which I was actually VERY happy about! So then I end up going home to my regular computer and logging onto gmail and notice over 100 emails from Facebook which were all my notifications that weren't actually sent to my phone, but rather, I only received the FB notification.

So my question is, how can I continue to recieve the FB notifications on my Blackberry but yet getting rid of the emails altogether (it seems as though I can't unlink the two because I tried "spamming" my Facebook emails and then the Blackberry FB notifications stopped altogether).

Hope someone can help me! Thanks!
    08-05-09 03:36 AM
    If you go into options in the facebook app (by using the BB key) and scroll down there is a check box that reads "leave email notification messages on mail server". Make sure that box is unchecked and you should be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 03:44 AM
    OMG Thank you SOOOOO MUCH
    08-05-09 03:48 AM
    Anytime! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 03:55 AM
    Saved me some grief too. I wondered why that stuff didn't go away!
    08-05-09 10:42 AM
    Awesome! I had this problem too, thank you so much!
    08-05-09 11:02 AM
    I had this issues as well...didn't give it much thought. Thank you.
    08-05-09 01:49 PM
    That helped me too thanks alot
    08-05-09 02:11 PM
    Anyone having this issue?
    The facebook CICAL appears in my service book at random times even though I have "BlackBerry Calendar application" not checked in options. All other checkboxes are checked. It's a problem when the calendar icon is selected on the home screen and I only see birthdays from the facebook CICAL instead of the device default calendar.
    08-05-09 02:17 PM
    thankss that was driving me nuts as well
    08-05-09 02:46 PM
    I have been having a different but similar issue. On my Curve's home screen, when I get Facebook message notifications it does not show my email notification count. In other words, when I don't have any Facebook notifications everything is fine. But once a Facebook notification arrives, then my normal email notification count is hidden. Odd?
    08-05-09 04:03 PM
    Great fix.
    08-05-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD