Is it just me or what!! All the shortcut buttons (volume, camera, left) don't work whilst I'm using the BOLT browser!! Is this normal or do I have a problem? Anyone know how to fix it cheers.
    08-05-09 03:40 PM
    It's not just you. I'm annoyed by this too because I like to use Quicklaunch from a convenience key. It's still the best browser for me though.
    08-05-09 04:07 PM
    Same issue here! Your not the only one either.......
    08-05-09 04:35 PM
    I downloaded Bolt and deleted it about three mins after I tried it out. I downloaded Opera Mini and haven't looked back since.
    08-05-09 04:39 PM
    Yeah, the latest version of Bolt (I think it was the latest, because I remember using the buttons before) locked these keys.
    08-05-09 04:54 PM
    Wow that is really dumb idea to lock em!! Mad. They better fix this, as I prefer it to opera. That ones not too bad, but sometimes the formatting is not quite right. Bolt always gets it right. Oh well looks like its gonna have to go down as a compromise folks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 05:12 PM
    Just delete BOLT. It sucks compared to OPERA MINI. The only thing I like is the screen layout.
    08-05-09 06:10 PM
    Hit the menu key while using bolt and then hit what ever key you want to use. So if you
    Want to raise or lower the volume of a song while your in bolt simply hit the menu button then
    The volume toggle while the menu is still opened. This isn't a solution I know but a little work around

08-05-09 10:09 PM
    Hit the menu key while using bolt and then hit what ever key you want to use. So if you
    Want to raise or lower the volume of a song while your in bolt simply hit the menu button then
    The volume toggle while the menu is still opened. This isn't a solution I know but a little work around

Very nice tip! Works like a charm. Maybe Bolt will resolve this with an upgrade.
    08-05-09 10:13 PM
    Glad I could help. First time I realized I had the quicklaunch menu open wjile in bolt I couldn't
    Figure out how until I realized about th menu. Also if your in bolt and letthe screen dim out
    You can use any button suck as convenience keys or volume toggle while its dimmed and they'll
    Work

08-06-09 08:20 AM
    I downloaded Bolt and deleted it about three mins after I tried it out. I downloaded Opera Mini and haven't looked back since.
    Funny, after trying BOLT, I deleted Opera Mini and haven't looked back. My only problem with it is that you have to go into the menu to zoom in.
    08-06-09 09:08 AM
    I was wondering if I had to turn ON this Option in Bolt if I am already using Wifi?

Thanks for any info.

-Rich
    08-06-09 10:25 AM

Excellent workaround!! Cheers that works brilliant. Good on u mate

08-06-09 06:04 PM
    I was wondering if I had to turn ON this Option in Bolt if I am already using Wifi?

Thanks for any info.

-Rich
    If you're using WiFi, you have to select it in Bolt, too. Under Preferences, scroll down and make sure the box marked "WiFi" is checked.
    08-06-09 06:09 PM
    I agree, OM is the truth. I also love your SIG so I kinda copied.
    08-06-09 08:34 PM
    OM is way faster than Bolt but bolt renders pages MUCH better IMO. Oh who ever posted that tip thanks. Works well.

08-06-09 08:41 PM
    I don't see any real advantage to using these over the BB browser...?
    08-06-09 09:17 PM
    It depends on what type of sites you browse with your berry. I do a lot of fantasy sports, and the native BB browser won't display the live scoring pages. Opera Mini will display them, but Bolt displays them the best. Granted, flash player isn't supported on BB's yet, so I have to manually reload the pages. I find Bolt to be much faster than the native browser as well.
    08-07-09 09:31 AM
    Lol try loading crackberry.com full version on bb browser, then do the same using OM or BOLT. With Bb browser, it will give u enough time to go make a cup of tea and take a slash or even write a book and build a ice sculpture and maybe jus maybe, u might have some spare mins to catch a nap!

08-07-09 09:32 AM
    Lol try loading crackberry.com full version on bb browser, then do the same using OM or BOLT. With Bb browser, it will give u enough time to go make a cup of tea and take a slash or even write a book and build a ice sculpture and maybe jus maybe, u might have some spare mins to catch a nap!

Yeah, I know, but that is why I use the CB Mobile app... I guess I just don't use my browser much on sites that don't have mobile pages.
    08-07-09 12:21 PM
    Yeah, I finally deleted it as well. I found my blackberry browser was loading pages faster... But I use the CB mobile app also, much faster.
    08-07-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD