Hi all!

We're inviting all beta users to test the new version 1.8 of Advanced Call Blocker app!

With Advanced Call Blocker app you can block annoying calls based on a set of one or more profiles (BlackList, AddressBook Only, No Calls, etc) or schedule different profiles to switch automatically according to preset time!

Advanced Call Blocker provides call blocking on a set of profiles like BlackList, All Except BlackList, Only Address Book, No Calls, Custom lists etc.

This app also features Timed Profiles where you can automatically switch between different profiles!

With a clean and intuitive UI, Advanced Call Blocker is drop-dead simple to use with no complex operations required. Install today and take full control over your time.

Features:
    1. Create custom lists/groups for friends,family or work etc.
    2. You can even choose whether to block/allow these custom lists.
    2. The option of 'Pick up then disconnect' can also be customized for each list/group.
    3. Pattern concept can been created for all lists/groups instead of just the Blacklist.
    4. Supports multiple profiles like BlackList, WhiteList, Only Address Book, All Except BlackList etc.
    5. Full integration with native Call Log and native Address Book app. Easily add numbers to BlackList or other lists from anywhere!
    6. You can easily change the state of groups by pressing the Space button.
    7. Timed profiles to Automatically turn on and off at specified times!

Current as well as new users can try out the latest version & post back with your comments, new ideas and features requests.
    We want to test run this different OS & devices. In case you are interested in trying the app, please post below your device model and full OS version so that we can get the ball rolling. I think we will start with a small group (maybe the first 15 to reply) for private beta.

Screen shots attached for an idea.

Best Regards,
    Ani.
    10-22-10 09:41 AM
    ready to help...
    10-22-10 10:11 AM
    T-Mobile 9700/5.0.0.979.
    Thanks.
    10-22-10 10:57 AM
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 11:00 AM
    count me
    Singtel (asia-pac)
    AT&T device - 9800
    6.0.0.246 app version.
    10-22-10 11:10 AM
    Count me in on this one Ani.
    Verizon 8330 4.5
    10-22-10 11:34 AM
    Count me in

10-22-10 01:55 PM
    Im interested. Looking fwd that has one with a backup/restore feat

OS 5.0.0.938
    10-22-10 02:11 PM
    Ok a current user and would love to try new version.
    Torch 9800 on att. 6.0.0.246

10-22-10 03:51 PM
    Sounds interesting... Would like to try it out.
    Bold 9650 OS 6.0 plus hybrid.....
    10-22-10 05:40 PM
    Yes please Ani!

9800, 6.0.0.246

Cheers

barljo
    10-23-10 06:36 AM
    I'd love to try.

9650/5.0.0.699
    Sprint

10-23-10 09:15 AM
    Contact me, I am intertesting. I was a cell phone test engineer in a cellphone company for a year. I love to do that. I use bb torch, 6.0.0.246

10-23-10 09:58 AM
    Heck yes! Already using 2...Love to try a new one.
    Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.49

10-23-10 05:19 PM
    Please
    bold 9650
    sprint
    10-23-10 05:41 PM
    if you need any help....
    Curve 8520 with 5.0.0.681

best regards, Andree
    10-24-10 05:03 PM
    He He. So... I am a bit embarrassed about this one Ani...

TBH, I dont know how, or if I have it set up correctly. Maybe I should play with it more before this post, but I think I am fumbling around too much with no direction.

1) I am assuming the "Blacklist" profile will allow any call except what is added to that list, right? But, within that profile there is a check mark to block unknown numbers. Is this for all unknown numbers not in the address book or for blocked/private/witheld (unknown) numbers?

2) Just playing with it I have created 3 extra lists named Private, Unknown, and Witheld. I have these three set up to pickup and disconnect along with the Blacklist option. Are these/would these be necessary or are the extra lists not needed?

3) I have an option to rename every list except "Blacklist" and "Other". Is this the intended functioning?

4) In the profiles list, is the "Ignore" option to make the calls go to voicemail? I only ask because because if I want to block a call, I don't really want to speak to them anyway. But, I figured this may be good for family members, if I just want to hear a voicemail from them, with an option to call back. I know, I know, I can check for myself and have a family member call me several times, but I don't want to bother anyone on a Sunday night before work for my beta testing purposes.

5) Super embarrassment!!! I already have 3 call blockers on my device, which have already been set up a long time ago, so I have not used the options to block a call in a bit. Which native menu item is the one for this app? I have multiple options worded differently to block calls or contacts and I have no idea which one is yours. lol. Maybe with this app, I can get rid of the others...

-I have to say that when I call my device from my home number and use *67 in front to block the number, I get a service message that says "The number cannot be completed as dialed....." No ring, no vibe, nothing at all on my device... GREAT! Because this was my disgust with every call blocker I have, and why I have purchased several. There is always an initial ring or vibe. But not seeing it here! Yay!

The only problem is that I see no record of the blocked calls within the app. The "view blocked calls" list is always empty, no matter how many times I look after a call.

Help a Brother out here Ani....
    Brad
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-24-10 at 08:07 PM.
    10-24-10 08:04 PM
    I just dl, will have to play(test) around a bit before posting..
    10-25-10 11:50 AM
    Bold 9700/5.0.0.979

10-25-10 12:59 PM
    Please
    Torch
    CM
    10-25-10 11:46 PM
    I am assuming the "Blacklist" profile will allow any call except what is added to that list, right? But, within that profile there is a check mark to block unknown numbers. Is this for all unknown numbers not in the address book or for blocked/private/witheld (unknown) numbers?
    Calls from 'Unknown' (when you can't see any number associated with that call) will be blocked.
    Just playing with it I have created 3 extra lists named Private, Unknown, and Witheld. I have these three set up to pickup and disconnect along with the Blacklist option. Are these/would these be necessary or are the extra lists not needed?
    You can create as many lists as you want & also customize different settings for each.
    I have an option to rename every list except "Blacklist" and "Other". Is this the intended functioning?
    This is intended. The "Other" list is for contacts that you don't want to put in any other lists.
    In the profiles list, is the "Ignore" option to make the calls go to voicemail?
    If you've set(on your phone) your calls to go voicemail, then after pick-up-then-disconnect, the caller will be directed to voicmail.
    Which native menu item is the one for this app? I have multiple options worded differently to block calls or contacts and I have no idea which one is yours.
    It's 'Add to CallBlocker' option.
    10-26-10 01:07 AM
    Dear Beta team members,
    Version 1.10 of Advanced Call Blocker app has been uploaded.
    Please install this version from the regular beta location and let me know your feedback.

Regards,
    Ani
    10-26-10 01:29 AM
    Version 1.10 of Advanced Call Blocker app has been uploaded.
    Regards,
    Ani
    Getting this now! Thanks for the heads up, and the time taken to answer my questions. I'll let you know what's up..................

This is another one I like very much!
    10-26-10 05:08 AM
    OK Ani,
    This is no longer working as it should. At least not the way it did before. From my previous post...
    I have to say that when I call my device from my home number and use *67 in front to block the number, I get a service message that says "The number cannot be completed as dialed....." No ring, no vibe, nothing at all on my device... GREAT! Because this was my disgust with every call blocker I have, and why I have purchased several. There is always an initial ring or vibe. But not seeing it here!
    This is no longer the case. Now it rings from the callers end, the device lights up and rings, and I also get a missed call notification popup on my device with a listing in my call log for "Unknown Number". None of this was present before. IDK. Maybe this problem is caused by the delay needed for the app to make & retain a record of the call??? This is the problem I have had with every other call blocker, and this now behaves in the same fashion.

But, at least the missed calls now show up in the application as "Unknown".

Sorry, but is there a way to get the previous version back again?
    10-26-10 06:11 AM
    why isit showing as trial.. funny that my calls are still going through..
    10-27-10 08:35 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD