Ok, sorry if i posted this on the wrong place but i never understand this forums.

The android has an application that is directly connected to the whitepages so when someone you don't know calls you automatically get's the information of the caller and displays it for you before you even answer.

Someone i know has an iphone and somehow when someone calls him the phone automatically conects to the yellow pages and pulls out the contact information based on that number and shows you name of person or business, address, map location, etc.

So here is my question..... Is there anything like this for the Blackberry users? and if not, is there a way to submit this request to the app developers?

Thank You
    04-14-09 01:44 PM
    That would be a cool Application!!!
    04-14-09 01:47 PM
    Ok, sorry if i posted this on the wrong place but i never understand this forums.

The android has an application that is directly connected to the whitepages so when someone you don't know calls you automatically get's the information of the caller and displays it for you before you even answer.

Someone i know has an iphone and somehow when someone calls him the phone automatically conects to the yellow pages and pulls out the contact information based on that number and shows you name of person or business, address, map location, etc.

So here is my question..... Is there anything like this for the Blackberry users? and if not, is there a way to submit this request to the app developers?

Thank You
    there is a app for this but it's like 50-65$ a year....
    04-14-09 02:02 PM
    There is one "like" this? Can you please provide the link?
    I saw one and i forgot the name, but it shows you the info after the call has been made, i was doing some research and the problem is related to the fact that the phone is not able to access the internet while is on a call, a theory that was denied by someone saying that is not true.
    So an application that does this after the call is denied or already answered makes no sense to me, the only thing worth for is when u leave your phone unattended for 10 minutes and by the time you come back you already have 10 missed calls and you can see who called and details.
    04-14-09 02:07 PM
    I wish there was an app like this.

Before, I could get caller ID when I got a voicemail with YouMail. I don't think they do it anymore, but they would send a text to me after a VM was left and it would have the caller ID on it, or for cells, basically the person whose name was on the account. It was pretty useful.
    04-14-09 02:32 PM
    I owned the G1, and gifted it to my wife after getting the javelin, the app for the G1 never seemed to work consistently anyway.
    04-14-09 02:36 PM

Thank You

That�s really cool.
    04-14-09 02:47 PM
    I have this but it through my carrier its called caller name display so it shows like call display would on a land line see if your provider has this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 03:14 PM
    In reference to what i previously said, it is true.
    I was just on a phone call and i tried to open the browser, a message came up telling me that i can't since I'm using the phone.
    So i guess that is why there is no such application just yet, the storm is the only bb with the capability to do this simultaneously.
    04-14-09 04:41 PM
    I was just on a phone call and i tried to open the browser, a message came up telling me that i can't since I'm using the phone.
    So i guess that is why there is no such application just yet, the storm is the only bb with the capability to do this simultaneously.
    I do believe the Bold can do this as well... I thought I'd heard that this is a 3G thing.
    04-14-09 05:02 PM
    Let us know if you can find the name of the app.
    04-14-09 05:06 PM
    Yes! Confirmed personally, the bold can do it as well...
    My 8900 can't
    04-14-09 05:08 PM
    I wish there was an app like this.

Before, I could get caller ID when I got a voicemail with YouMail. I don't think they do it anymore, but they would send a text to me after a VM was left and it would have the caller ID on it, or for cells, basically the person whose name was on the account. It was pretty useful.
    I don't know about you, but I get an e-mail with the Caller ID info even when my Phone was turned off and no voice mail was left.
    04-14-09 05:18 PM
    The bold can do it because it connects through 3G... If you use UMA you can call and browse at the same time
    04-14-09 05:39 PM
    There is one "like" this? Can you please provide the link?
    I saw one and i forgot the name, but it shows you the info after the call has been made, i was doing some research and the problem is related to the fact that the phone is not able to access the internet while is on a call, a theory that was denied by someone saying that is not true.
    So an application that does this after the call is denied or already answered makes no sense to me, the only thing worth for is when u leave your phone unattended for 10 minutes and by the time you come back you already have 10 missed calls and you can see who called and details.
    The app is in the App World, and it is quite expensive for what it does.

Are you serious that is awesome, thanks for the tip. I thought it didn't because every time I'm listening to music online and I get a call or txt message the music stops
    Last edited by Venc; 04-14-09 at 05:47 PM.
    04-14-09 05:45 PM
    Berry-A-Code is ok for being free. It doesn't give you their name, but it will tell what state and area its coming from. I use it on mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 05:48 PM
    I owned the G1, and gifted it to my wife after getting the javelin, the app for the G1 never seemed to work consistently anyway.
    Agreed... it was spotty at best... I sold my G1 and came back to BlackBerry
    04-14-09 06:36 PM
    OK, im sorry but i've been doing a lot of research so i will have to correct myself one more time,
    Here is the deal.
    On the 8900: If you are on a call and you click the "open circle arrow" key (scape??) the key right next to the trackball and then you click yes and then you click on the browser you can do both simultaneously but if you are on a call and you click on menu and you click switch application and you select home and then the browser you can not navigate, you get a message.
    YES, Pretty WEIRD!!!
    So i guess if you scape from the conversation, this will not end the call, you can still navigate.
    But if you change the application and try to navigate you cant.
    So i hope they can come up with the app that i started the topic on, lol...
    04-14-09 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD