Hey there,

I have just started using Call blocker and screener-Blacklist and Text Blocker apps. I had to use them unfortunately, actually really don't like to deal with it. But they are useful nevertheless.

So my problem is, after I started using these apps, my battery started to drain so fast, never like anything I've seen before.

Given, the 9900 doesn't have the best battery performance in the world, coming from the 9800, it is understandable. Same size battery, faster phone etc. But I'm in kind of a rough patch here. Are all the blacklist apps like this or is it just mine?

Your thoughts and experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Yavuz.
    01-05-12 08:38 PM
    I use Buzz Off for a call blocker. It's very effective and definately does NOT drain the battery.
    01-05-12 08:52 PM
    Do you see them running when you hold in the BlackBerry Button?

Might wanna look into Spam Filter Live by Antair. Good stuff.
    01-05-12 09:04 PM
    Do you see them running when you hold in the BlackBerry Button?.
    Actually, no. They don't seem to be running in the background. But they do the job.

I will look in to that, thank you for the suggestion!

As far as I can tell, people don't seem to have problems with blacklist apps, so maybe it is the sms blocker?
    01-05-12 09:10 PM
    If you go to Options>Device>Application Management and scroll across the top to "CPU" and drop the menu down to "Today" or "Weekly" it will show you what Application(s) have been using the processor the most. Might give you and idea as to what app is draining your power.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 01-06-12 at 04:22 AM.
    dyavuz likes this.
    01-06-12 04:20 AM
    So it turns out, it wasnt the blacklist app or the text nlocker. It was the touch app, formerly ping chat, it is draining as much battery as the msn messenger. Thanks for the help.
    01-06-12 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD