where did you read that BuzzOff can block calls without vibrate or ring? we never put this on the product description.

Since BuzzOff uses key injection to ignore calls on some devices you will get a half or a second of vibrate. One some you wont even know. And on some devices you might even get a ringtone. This is due to the phone not getting the ignore event fast enough. That is why in buzzoff you can control the blocking and hang delays.
    i emailed support at [email protected] and i specificly asked them if it wouldnt vibrate before blocks and they responded saying just make sure the settings are correct. this was before i bought the app because i had a feeling it was gonna vibrate first. i took that response as it wouldnt vibrate as long as the settings are correct. they should of just told me clearly and said with some bb it doesnt work.

it also doesnt say that on your website. it should be listed clearly on this page. thats important info to know. when people see a no delay option and a vibrate before blocked option there gonna think it works unless its listed saying it might not.
    BuzzOff - CallerID blocking for the BlackBerry
    Last edited by johnpalley; 02-16-10 at 10:19 PM.
    02-16-10 09:56 PM
    1. sends busy signal or a non voicemail greeting to caller even though voicemail is abled. it cant be pickup and hangup option. i already have call blocker professional which has that option but its annoying because it rings for a split second before hangup.

2. i need #1 to happen without my phone ringing at all, even for a split second so im not bothered.

3. block any number including restricted that are not in my contacts

4. has to work with cdma blackberries (page plus).

thanks for your time guys

Bought BuzzOff and it worked for me.

1. When using the pickup/hangup the call rings on the callers line two times or so then stops, a few seconds later the operator gives out an automated call saying "We are sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed" or sometimes "We are sorry your call did not go through, please .." etc.

2. On my 8330 I set the pickup/hangup to
    600ms (less or more allowed a slight ring) so play with the trial and adjust the settings and it wont ring (less isn't always better).

3. That setting is called "Caller not in filters". You can set to ALLOW or BLOCK or PickUp HangUp callers not in your contacts.

4. I have a CMDA Blackberry 8330 from Boost Mobile. Works like a charm.

UPDATE: I think I discovered a big flaw in the program. After changing the settings a couple times, items set to "Pick Up/Hang Up" will be sent to voicemail, and other settings get messed up. I tried reinstalling the app, pulling the battery and also loading my original settings from the SD card. I have heard this from other people and have not experienced it until now. Anyone else getting this?
    Last edited by RenzoreK; 03-03-10 at 04:29 PM.
    02-27-10 06:42 AM
    Bought BuzzOff and it worked for me.

1. When using the pickup/hangup the call rings on the callers line two times or so then stops, a few seconds later the operator gives out an automated call saying "We are sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed" or sometimes "We are sorry your call did not go through, please .." etc.

2. On my 8330 I set the pickup/hangup to
    600ms (less or more allowed a slight ring) so play with the trial and adjust the settings and it wont ring (less isn't always better).

3. That setting is called "Caller not in filters". You can set to ALLOW or BLOCK or PickUp HangUp callers not in your contacts.

4. I have a CMDA Blackberry 8330 from Boost Mobile. Works like a charm.

UPDATE: I think I discovered a big flaw in the program. After changing the settings a couple times, items set to "Pick Up/Hang Up" will be sent to voicemail, and other settings get messed up. I tried reinstalling the app, pulling the battery and also loading my original settings from the SD card. I have heard this from other people and have not experienced it until now. Anyone else getting this?
    i tried every single setting from no delay to 900m and it does not work. the guy who made the app even said it doesnt work on some blackberries so im not surprised. not only does it not work but it vibrates longer than call blocker pro does and cbp has alot more options and is easier to use. i suggest you use that instead. i wish i could use google voice but when you make an outgoing call with gv the gv number doesnt even show up as the outgoing call number on the caller id so it defeats the whole purpose. this is crazy that someone cant make an app that works with all phones.
    03-09-10 09:39 AM
    ill never get the issue with a 1 second vibe/ring on a blocked number. what on earth is the big deal. is it being that anal retentive or is it a rainman thing. for 1 second its vibes/rings then poof the call and caller are gone, no voicemail left and if they callback the same thing happens. therefore the call is blocked and the app has done it job. ive tried them all and they all work pretty much the same way, i found the one that suits my needs and i paid for it and have no regrets at all.
    03-09-10 10:38 AM
    are you sure buzzoff wont ring cause it doesnt say it has that option here. it seems like with these type of apps some peoples phones ring and others dont.
    BlackBerry App World - BuzzOff - Block unwanted calls
    please try v2 and see if it still rings on your phone.

click here http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/buz...on-yet-449053/
    04-07-10 12:28 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD