1. sends busy signal or a non voicemail greeting to caller even though voicemail is abled. it cant be pickup and hangup option. i already have call blocker professional which has that option but its annoying because it rings for a split second before hangup.

2. i need #1 to happen without my phone ringing at all, even for a split second so im not bothered.

3. block any number including restricted that are not in my contacts

4. has to work with cdma blackberries (page plus).

thanks for your time guys
    02-11-10 11:33 AM
    If you have Google Voice, you can set up different groups and have the system set up to handle things like that. Some numbers can go directly to voicemail (not ringing your phone), and others can be passed through. You can even set up different voicemail messages for different numbers/groups.

Of course, you have to give out your GV number instead of your cell number for this to work.
    02-11-10 12:44 PM
    Xopher, what about the things i mentioned above? can google voice do those things? if so are you 100% sure?
    02-11-10 01:09 PM
    ??????????
    02-13-10 07:03 PM
    I believe he is right about google voice. You'll have to look into it. Do you have a google voice account yet?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-13-10 10:22 PM
    YouMail will do the voicemail thing, not sure about the restricted/unknown number thing. I never tried it with YouMail because AddOnis will do it among many other things.
    02-13-10 10:44 PM
    I believe he is right about google voice. You'll have to look into it. Do you have a google voice account yet?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    no, i dont even know how it works or anything. how do i go about getting it and setting it up? i think thats my best option. i was just reading about it but its confusing to me. in order to use it i have to get a new google phone number or something. can you please explain how this thing works if you dont mind. i hope i dont have to change my phone number because if i do then this wont work for me. ive had the number i have now for years and i need people i lost contact with to be able to call me on my current number
    Last edited by johnpalley; 02-14-10 at 12:18 AM.
    02-14-10 12:08 AM
    no, i dont even know how it works or anything. how do i go about getting it and setting it up? i think thats my best option. i was just reading about it but its confusing to me. in order to use it i have to get a new google phone number or something. can you please explain how this thing works if you dont mind. i hope i dont have to change my phone number because if i do then this wont work for me. ive had the number i have now for years and i need people i lost contact with to be able to call me on my current number
    It's by invite only, you need to request one to get the app. You keep all your same numbers, but get a new one (your GV #) when your contacts call that number it will go to one of the numbers of yours (home, cell, work)

It sounds like you need to do more research. I googled "how google voice works" and got many answers.
    02-14-10 12:27 AM
    It's by invite only, you need to request one to get the app. You keep all your same numbers, but get a new one (your GV #) when your contacts call that number it will go to one of the numbers of yours (home, cell, work)

It sounds like you need to do more research. I googled "how google voice works" and got many answers.
    i just read a bunch of links on info about how it works. so bottom line is that i would have to give everyone a new google phone number to call me at right? and also when i make outgoing calls from my phone then my original number that i have now will show up on someones caller id unless i go through an annoying process of dialling a google number first and then type in the number i want to call. thats my perspective of what i just read. is all this correct?
    02-14-10 12:56 AM
    1. sends busy signal or a non voicemail greeting to caller even though voicemail is abled. it cant be pickup and hangup option. i already have call blocker professional which has that option but its annoying because it rings for a split second before hangup.

2. i need #1 to happen without my phone ringing at all, even for a split second so im not bothered.

3. block any number including restricted that are not in my contacts

4. has to work with cdma blackberries (page plus).

thanks for your time guys
    I currently use BuzzOff by ToySoft because it allows for "pick up and hang up" so blocked callers cannot even leave a voicemail.

Previously, I used Antair's Call Screener app.

BuzzOff and Antair are both excellent apps. Antair performs beautifully and has a terrific interface. It does not, however, have "pick up and hang up." Buzz Off works very well, the interface is acceptable but it does not allow for a restriction just to allow your contacts to call. Antair does do that.

Based on the perimeters you set up as your requirements, I'd recommend Antair (Antair). It does everything you have asked for an app to do.
    02-14-10 01:23 AM
    I currently use BuzzOff by ToySoft because it allows for "pick up and hang up" so blocked callers cannot even leave a voicemail.

Previously, I used Antair's Call Screener app.

BuzzOff and Antair are both excellent apps. Antair performs beautifully and has a terrific interface. It does not, however, have "pick up and hang up." Buzz Off works very well, the interface is acceptable but it does not allow for a restriction just to allow your contacts to call. Antair does do that.

Based on the perimeters you set up as your requirements, I'd recommend Antair (Antair). It does everything you have asked for an app to do.
    i already have call block pro which has the call and hangup option and antair only sends calls to voicemaill and does nothing that i requested in this thread.
    02-14-10 01:39 AM
    i already have call block pro which has the call and hangup option and antair only sends calls to voicemaill and does nothing that i requested in this thread.
    As I outlined, Antair does 2,3, and 4.

Call Blocker Pro is a terrible app.
    02-14-10 01:44 AM
    sorry if i wasnt clear but i need the app to do everything combined. i have antair and when a call comes in my phone rings for a split second. they pretty much all do #3. i just typed that in anyway. 1 and 2 i definitely need though or its a dealbreaker. i dont want my phone ringing and i dont want people leaving me voicemails even though its setup
    Last edited by johnpalley; 02-14-10 at 01:55 AM.
    02-14-10 01:51 AM
    i have antair and when a call comes in my phone rings for a split second. they pretty much all do #3. i just typed that in anyway. 1 and 2 i definitely need though or its a dealbreaker. i dont want my phone ringing and i dont want people leaving me voicemails even though its setup
    I can't stand the idea that any call blocker program allows your phone to ring at all even a squeek. Antair never rang when I used it.

You might look into the ToySoft "BuzzOff" app I use now. It has "pick up and hang up" and has a setting for absolutely no ring. I am quite happy with it. It does not, however, have a setting that just allows your contacts to call through.
    02-14-10 01:57 AM
    are you sure buzzoff wont ring cause it doesnt say it has that option here. it seems like with these type of apps some peoples phones ring and others dont.
    BlackBerry App World - BuzzOff - Block unwanted calls
    02-14-10 02:03 AM
    yeah its not gonna work. with buzzoff it still rings. check this link

now you see what im talkin about. lol, it shouldnt be that complicated to get a program blocker where your phone doesnt ring
    Last edited by johnpalley; 02-14-10 at 02:21 AM.
    02-14-10 02:18 AM
    are you sure buzzoff wont ring cause it doesnt say it has that option here. it seems like with these type of apps some peoples phones ring and others dont.
    BlackBerry App World - BuzzOff - Block unwanted calls
    BuzzOff has never allowed a hidden number to ever ring. Not once. Not a partial ring. Nothing.

There are settings in the Buzz Off app that allow for a 1 second delay to no delay. I have my settings on no delay and I am constantly amazed how effective it is for me.

I had a customer calling me all day yesterday leaving voicemail messages and I kept wondering why I never heard the phone ring when he called. Then I looked and, sure enough, he had his cell phone set to hide his number and with Buzz Off, you'll never get through to me if you hide your number. I have no interest or tolerance for anyone who hides their number. I do not accept calls from people with hidden numbers.

A casual acquaintance of mine (friend of a friend) is a telemarketer by profession. She has a hidden number and always complains she cannot get through to me. I told her that will remain so as long as she hides her number on her cell phone. She complains she cannot unhide her number because of her telemarketing work and I've told her that's too bad. But that's another story.

I believe ToySoft has a trial program. You might look into it. You can also PM one of their programmers who hangs out here on CrackBerry. His contact information is ... http://forums.crackberry.com/members/smiley88/

I am very happy with BuzzOff and would recommend it to anyone. I did not initially point it out to you because you said you wanted an app that lets you set your settings to just allow calls from your contact list. I do not believe Buzz Off has that functionality. But you can ask Smiley88 at ToySoft if you pursue all of this.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
    02-14-10 02:19 AM
    yeah its not gonna work. with buzzoff it still rings. check this link

now you see what im talkin about. lol, it shouldnt be that complicated to get a program blocker where your phone doesnt ring
    you didnt get to see this last post in time. if its ringing for him im pretty pausitive it will ring for me to. im gonna contact the develeper though. thanks for all the info. i really appreciate it
    Last edited by johnpalley; 02-14-10 at 02:27 AM.
    02-14-10 02:24 AM
    you didnt get to see this last post in time. if its ringing for him im pretty pausitive it will ring for me to. im gonna contact the develeper though. thanks for all the info. i really appreciate it
    The YouTube guy does NOT have his settings set properly. I know that because he is complaining about the app allowing the phone to vibrate. The vibration is what made the noise and he has a box checked to allow vibrations when a call is blocked.

Unfortunately, this is a bad reviewer who ought to learn how to use the app before he complains about it.

I have never had a call ring through ever. But the acid test it not what you are told but your own experience. The app is a couple of bucks. If this is that important to you, buy it and test it for yourself or just use their trial program.
    02-14-10 02:31 AM
    it shouldnt be that complicated to get a program blocker where your phone doesnt ring
    A call blocker program that allows even the faintest of rings is a failure. Call blocker programs should not ever allow even partial rings.
    02-14-10 02:34 AM
    ok i gotcha. thanks. il give it a try tomorrow and post back. just so you know i have my rings set to vibrate ring. when i say it rings i mean vibrates. to bad it doesnt have the option to block anyone thats not on the contacts list
    02-14-10 02:38 AM
    to bad it doesnt have the option to block anyone thats not on the contacts list
    To my knowledge, that it does not do.

I still can't believe how dumb that YouTube guy is. There is clearly a box in the app that allows you to set your phone to vibrate if a call is blocked and he had to have that enabled and there he is complaining about it. Dumb.

LOL.
    02-14-10 02:42 AM
    thanks berryite il post tomorrow and let you know if it worked.
    02-14-10 02:46 AM
    berryite, everything turned out like i thought it would. i had all the settings correct and i even contacted support for buzzoff, the phone always vibrates before call is blocked. support even told me that some blackberrys vibrate no matter what and some dont. its false advertising if you ask me. i even emailed support before i bought the app and i asked them if it would vibrate first no matter what and all they told me was make sure the setting are correct. they didnt tell me on some bb it wouldnt work. i even emailed them last night to try to get a refund and i havent heard from them yet. yesterday they promptly responded 5 previous time to my emails but now it seems like since i want a refund they wont respond back anymore. im all set with this company
    02-16-10 06:13 PM
    berryite, everything turned out like i thought it would. i had all the settings correct and i even contacted support for buzzoff, the phone always vibrates before call is blocked. support even told me that some blackberrys vibrate no matter what and some dont. its false advertising if you ask me. i even emailed support before i bought the app and i asked them if it would vibrate first no matter what and all they told me was make sure the setting are correct. they didnt tell me on some bb it wouldnt work. i even emailed them last night to try to get a refund and i havent heard from them yet. yesterday they promptly responded 5 previous time to my emails but now it seems like since i want a refund they wont respond back anymore. im all set with this company
    where did you read that BuzzOff can block calls without vibrate or ring? we never put this on the product description.

Since BuzzOff uses key injection to ignore calls on some devices you will get a half or a second of vibrate. One some you wont even know. And on some devices you might even get a ringtone. This is due to the phone not getting the ignore event fast enough. That is why in buzzoff you can control the blocking and hang delays.
    02-16-10 09:34 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD