I desperately think someone needs to create this app for us. An app that let's you group some other apps in a list or folder to automatically load at boot.

I hate having to go thru this program loading sequence every time my phone resets! Memoryup, Networkacc, alarms, utilities, etc. And I often forget to reload them all. Very time consuming each boot. And few apps offer an autostart feature.

Why not just create a generic autostarter app? I think this would be very useful and wonder why it doesn't exist yet? Anyone else agree?

I think Emobistudio should take it on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 01:53 AM
    I desperately think someone needs to create this app for us. An app that let's you group some other apps in a list or folder to automatically load at boot.

I hate having to go thru this program loading sequence every time my phone resets! Memoryup, Networkacc, alarms, utilities, etc. And I often forget to reload them all. Very time consuming each boot. And few apps offer an autostart feature.

Why not just create a generic autostarter app? I think this would be very useful and wonder why it doesn't exist yet? Anyone else agree?

I think Emobistudio should take it on.

+1

this is another thing that should simply be included in the BB OS !
    06-04-09 04:11 AM
    +1

this is another thing that should simply be included in the BB OS !
    No doubt a RIM native autostarter would be the best solution. But in the interim and to make a statement to RIM about the necessity for this wish list app I was hoping for a buzzer +3 pointer app from some savvy vendor (like Emobistudio or BellShare)

Think about it vendors, this would make oodles of sales. Take Quicklaunch 09 sales and triple it! That's my view. If I could code I would write this app and take it to the bank!!! I can't think of anything of higher necessity to add to the RIM platform other than a memory cork. Yeah I know, that's right next to the sky hooks and levitation boots at Home Depot.

06-04-09 09:33 AM
    All you have to do is ask...

Thanks so much for your letter! The Startup (Autostart) application
    may be one of the most useful application for BB system.

I will propose it to our tech team quickly and see what my company can
    do about this. There may some potential technical challenges, But I
    believe all the effort for this useful app is well worthy!

Again thanks for your great advice, it is always eMobiStudio's great
    honor to have valued customers just like you. I will keep you updated
    whenever there are any progress from our side.

If you would, please help us to recommend MemoryUp and NetworkAcc to
    your friends. Your help will be highly appreciated!

Have a great day!

Sincerely

Robert

eMobiStudio Inc.

06-04-09 01:40 PM
  5. Wouldnt.you.really.like.to.know's Avatar
    Thanks this was very informative
    06-04-09 03:37 PM
    Has anyone tried NetworkAcc? seems it is from eMobiStudio, tried its product MemoryUp Pro, and it is good. Was wondering should have a try of Networkacc. Their website is something like emobistudio dot com.
    06-16-09 11:27 PM
    I for one would love to see an autostart app for all the same reasons mentioned above. On the NetworkAcc question I've been running it for some time now on a 8330 on Sprint's network and have seen a very definate speed increase while downloading. It's a keeper in my opinion.

Update: I retract my recommendation. Networkacc actually slowed my tethered connection to a crawl. Avoid if possible.
    Last edited by japerry; 07-02-09 at 02:08 PM.
    07-02-09 06:57 AM
    Loading more apps at startup not only increases the time that the phone would take to start (it would run all of its checks, THEN load applications) but might also negatively effect your file free and your device performance. Just something to keep in mind.
    07-02-09 07:01 AM
    Now there is one: BB Robot Scheduler. Google it. I have it and woks great.I paid only 3$.
    07-12-09 01:34 AM
    MemoryUp, what does the program exactly do? I'd like to know if it can increase your phones ram because i'd download it in a heartbeat.
    07-12-09 01:46 AM
    Bump. I would like this app too. I can't tell from the BB Robot page if it does this or not. Even if it does I'd prefer an app that is ONLY for running apps at startup.
    07-28-09 11:02 AM
    ^^Agreed.
    This will be especially useful with the introduction of Google Voice app.
    07-28-09 11:42 AM
    Is there any way one can prevent apps from starting up on reboot, without having to delete them? I find MSDict keeps starting up on reboot, and hogs ram. Any help would be appreciated..
    07-28-09 10:19 PM
    Now there is one: BB Robot Scheduler. Google it. I have it and woks great.I paid only 3$.
    It doesn't seem to be available for download or purchase anywhere. Bummer as it looks like it would do the job just fine.
    07-28-09 10:40 PM
    I'll make up a simple app to do this, I'll start it tomorrow, should only take a couple hours so I'll do it as a free app.
    07-28-09 11:24 PM
    Is there any way one can prevent apps from starting up on reboot, without having to delete them? I find MSDict keeps starting up on reboot, and hogs ram. Any help would be appreciated..
    That one irks me, too. There is a setting NOT to load but it seems ineffective. It always loads. I believe I wrote them but did not get a reply. I should try again.
    07-29-09 01:05 AM
    I'll make up a simple app to do this, I'll start it tomorrow, should only take a couple hours so I'll do it as a free app.
    that would be fantastic.

07-29-09 06:35 AM
    As promised

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...reboot-281946/
    Last edited by Shao128; 07-29-09 at 04:52 PM.
    07-29-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD