Hey everyone,

I use my personal phone for work related calls as well, so I need a call logging app to keep track of the calls and sms received and placed.

The one I previously had on my old Storm 2 is no longer available for my 9860. I've found CallLog and MyCallLog in App World but would like some opinions on these and any other apps for this that you could recommend.

Thanks for your help.
    08-08-12 06:41 PM
    Hey everyone,

I use my personal phone for work related calls as well, so I need a call logging app to keep track of the calls and sms received and placed.

The one I previously had on my old Storm 2 is no longer available for my 9860. I've found CallLog and MyCallLog in App World but would like some opinions on these and any other apps for this that you could recommend.

Thanks for your help.
    Use myCallLog because it has both voice call and sms loggings and plus I'm the developer
    anon(1464249) likes this.
    08-08-12 07:37 PM
    Use myCallLog because it has both voice call and sms loggings and plus I'm the developer
    Cool, a couple of questions on your app. Does it allow the choice to log the call or not after the call is complete. I don't need every call logged, only the ones that are work related? Also does it provide any kind of reporting from the calls that are logged?

Thanks for your help.

Mike
    08-08-12 07:53 PM
    Cool, a couple of questions on your app. Does it allow the choice to log the call or not after the call is complete. I don't need every call logged, only the ones that are work related? Also does it provide any kind of reporting from the calls that are logged?

Thanks for your help.

Mike
    there is not prompt to let you log or not log after each call but you can set up filters or only log for specific categories for your contacts.

calls are logged to the Calendar app and when you sync to your desktop all your calls will sync.

If you do not want to save to the calendar then have a look at your PhoneCallNotes app which saves all calls to a csv file on the sd card. You can then import the csv file to Excel or any reporting app. The only thing the apps does do is log sms like myCallLogs.

BTW, I'm in Calgary
    anon(1464249) likes this.
    08-08-12 11:36 PM
    I can say that CallLog is indeed one of the best apps that does this.

1. Simple to set up (set-it-and-forget-it)
    2. Non-obtrusive
    3. Small memory footprint

I cant speak for MyCallLog but i'm sure it's the same (with the added bonus of logging SMS)

What i did notice however is that with the CallLogs Lite version the app icon is displayed in the App Switcher menu whereas with the old CallLogs version it never was.
    Nothing bad, just noticed it.
    08-09-12 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD