One of the most beloved applications I had on my now retired Curve 8310 was the call filter application: iCallManager Light.

It sent all of my unwanted calls into never-never land.... but alas, it is not compatible with the new 9700. I see 2 or 3 alternative in BB App World, but wanted to solicit input from the rest of you.

Are any of you using an incoming call manager with your 9700 about which you'd care to share your feelings?

Thanks!

Ron
    11-30-09 02:28 PM
    Privacy Manager app is a good one. You can block calls and emails. For blocking emails, you can block the sender and/or the domain name.
    11-30-09 02:29 PM
    I use Addonis and like it. It works. I used to use Black and White List on my curve. They are pretty similar in terms of how they work, though Addonis does some other stuff besides call blocking.
    11-30-09 02:35 PM
    one application that i'm surprised isn't listed in the few posts here is google voice. if you have google voice (invites are pretty easy to get nowadays) and choose to let google give you a number, call filtering can be done to your phone.
    12-04-09 08:08 AM
    I tried the Addonis trial but the blocked calls still log on the phone. Also the blocked calls show on the screen for a fraction of a second when incoming. The phone even vibrates when a block call enters. About black & white list, it doesn't work with the 9700. The problem with that one is that I still got a "missed call" message when a call was blocked. Although it was automatically deleted from the log.
    Will Privacy Manager work better in this areas?
    12-07-09 07:16 AM
    One of the most beloved applications I had on my now retired Curve 8310 was the call filter application: iCallManager Light.

It sent all of my unwanted calls into never-never land.... but alas, it is not compatible with the new 9700. I see 2 or 3 alternative in BB App World, but wanted to solicit input from the rest of you.

Are any of you using an incoming call manager with your 9700 about which you'd care to share your feelings?

Thanks!

Ron

Hey Ron,

I used the same app on my 8320 and was upset to see it not compatible for the 9700 also. I just started using BuzzOff:

BuzzOff - Block unwanted callers and do not allow caller to leave voicemail - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

App works and is easy to use. The hang up feature is nice that iCallManager didn't have HOWEVER it claims to pick up the call and hang up without your phone ringing. I haven't had 100% luck with that. Here is the thread from the creator:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...leased-275330/

The results I had are at the end of that thread. Overall it works very nicely.
    12-07-09 07:24 AM
    Tried Buzz Off and it works SOMETIMES more than not it does not work and sends hang ups to voicemail.

Privacy manager works every time but you cant send some to voice mail and others to hang up at the same time so its all one way or the other but not both!
    12-07-09 08:13 AM
    Tried Buzz Off and it works SOMETIMES more than not it does not work and sends hang ups to voicemail.

Privacy manager works every time but you cant send some to voice mail and others to hang up at the same time so its all one way or the other but not both!

If properly configured (BuzzOff) works perfect every time on the pick up and hang up feature. The only thing that has not 100% worked is the ringing of the phone. Sometimes my phone won't ring and sometimes it rings for a split second.
    12-07-09 08:34 AM
    I have been playing with this beta app, seems work pretty good.

Its free as well

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/fre...market-380169/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 08:45 AM

Thanks!

Ron
    try advanced call manager............it's more expensive than other but it worth, i use it in all bb and now in 9700
    12-07-09 10:20 AM
    I also used iCallManager and was bummed to get no answer from them when I asked how to move it to my new phone. Several emails (to the new address), no answer. I gather they're gone.

I saw a thread on here about a free app called "Callsblocker" but it doesn't say it's compatible with the 9700. I emailed the author and he suggested I try it to find out. I'm generally willing to try things like that but I don't have the time right now to fix things if it doesn't work, so I was wondering if anyone else had tried it yet?
    12-07-09 10:54 AM
    Thanks for all the input folks!

I installed Adonis and it blocked "unknown" numbers as advertised, however the "Missed Call" counter in the notification area would not go away even though the blocked call log had been cleared. I tried adding a new "Missed Call" to give me something else to delete... no deal. Battery pull.... still there. I figured I'd try un-installing and re-installing the app but when I un-installed it, it took all of my custom sound profiles with it and restored the stock ones that I had deleted.

I think I'll try some of the other suggestions and put Adonis on the "good, but problematic" shelf.

Cheers!
    12-09-09 08:18 AM
    Thanks for all the input folks!

I installed Adonis and it blocked "unknown" numbers as advertised, however the "Missed Call" counter in the notification area would not go away even though the blocked call log had been cleared. I tried adding a new "Missed Call" to give me something else to delete... no deal. Battery pull.... still there. I figured I'd try un-installing and re-installing the app but when I un-installed it, it took all of my custom sound profiles with it and restored the stock ones that I had deleted.

I think I'll try some of the other suggestions and put Adonis on the "good, but problematic" shelf.

Cheers!

Here is a pathetic but affective little review/action video I made of BuzzOff:

12-09-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD