Currently I am on the last days of my week trial of iCall Manager Lite. So far has worked as advertised with Private/Unknown callers. My question is I cant find by searching the manual or online searches how to or if iCall can block 1-800,866,888 calls just by the prefix i.e. wildcard* 800,866 etc. Or can it only block full numbers as they are added to the blacklist?

And has anyone compared iCall vs. Buzzoff? Buzzoff looks promising as it claims to have the hangup feature and also block 800 numbers by prefix.
    08-06-09 08:59 PM
    just purchased buzzoff..it works!!! i tested all hang up, block and it really works..your BB will still mark it as a missed call so you still SEE who is calling
    08-06-09 09:24 PM
    When you say the call gets marked as missed call does that mean you still get the missed call indicator and led?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 09:46 PM
    "Callsblocker" is free and will block any 800,888,etc as well as unkown,private and blocked calls. I have used it for months, you can set it up however u need. You can also add #s from contacts or manually. Very very good app for free IMO..

08-06-09 10:13 PM
    I tried callsblocker for my curve and it only worked once. And I want the option of hang-up for private unwanted callers not for them to be sent to voice-mail. Also missed call indicators being surpressed is nice as well.

08-06-09 10:22 PM
    Hope you find what you're looking for.. Good Luck..

08-06-09 11:08 PM
    Currently I am on the last days of my week trial of iCall Manager Lite. So far has worked as advertised with Private/Unknown callers. My question is I cant find by searching the manual or online searches how to or if iCall can block 1-800,866,888 calls just by the prefix i.e. wildcard* 800,866 etc. Or can it only block full numbers as they are added to the blacklist?

And has anyone compared iCall vs. Buzzoff? Buzzoff looks promising as it claims to have the hangup feature and also block 800 numbers by prefix.
    You might want to try searching the forums for our app BerryAddon.
    We are currently in Beta, but I can assure you that it will do what
    You want, and much more! The beta trial is free, so why don't you
    Give it a shot? Let me or the developer iCavx know what you think!

08-07-09 08:59 AM
    You might want to try searching the forums for our app BerryAddon.
    We are currently in Beta, but I can assure you that it will do what
    You want, and much more! The beta trial is free, so why don't you
    Give it a shot? Let me or the developer iCavx know what you think!

rorycs will do that as I tried buzzoff tested a private call. Phone Rang/vibrated sitll had the missed call indicator and led flashing.

Look forwarded to trying your product.
    08-07-09 11:54 AM
    Well I downloaded BerryAddon and it let the Private Numbers right on through as if it wasn't even installed?

Looks as though iCall is the only one I've tested that works correctly so far
    08-07-09 12:10 PM
    Well I downloaded BerryAddon and it let the Private Numbers right on through as if it wasn't even installed?

It should work! Let's check a few things!
    1. Are your permissions all set to "ALLOW" for BerryAddon?
    2. Did you go into Setup-Options-BerryAddon-Firewall and place checkmarks in the boxes next to Block Unknown and Block Private?
    3. Did you reset your phone?
    4. What is your model and OS version?

Thanks....
    08-07-09 11:43 PM

can you please try this beta www.toysoft.ca/beta/BuzzOff.jad

make sure you set the permissions to all ALLOW in the Options->advanced->application app
    08-08-09 12:53 AM
    Buzzoff is getting it done. $5 - money well spent IMHO. No issues thus far, I like it!

08-08-09 02:18 AM
    It would be great if there was one with a white list!! I have Cerberus call filter and the WHITE list NEVER worked!
    08-08-09 04:26 AM
    It would be great if there was one with a white list!! I have Cerberus call filter and the WHITE list NEVER worked!
    Once again, please try BerryAddon as this is an integral part of our product - in addition we add a
    Host of other great features! Let me or the developer iCavx know what you think!
    Just search this forum for BerryAddon...

08-08-09 11:37 AM
    Once again, please try BerryAddon as this is an integral part of our product - in addition we add a
    Host of other great features! Let me or the developer iCavx know what you think!
    Just search this forum for BerryAddon...

Ok...I am on my way to your forum and download this new app Thanks for the heads up!
    08-08-09 05:40 PM
    When you say the call gets marked as missed call does that mean you still get the missed call indicator and led?

yes that is what i mean and buzzoff keeps letting a 1 888 number through..aagghh. off to try something else
    08-08-09 06:17 PM
    It should work! Let's check a few things!
    1. Are your permissions all set to "ALLOW" for BerryAddon?
    2. Did you go into Setup-Options-BerryAddon-Firewall and place checkmarks in the boxes next to Block Unknown and Block Private?
    3. Did you reset your phone?
    4. What is your model and OS version?

Thanks....
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Are you saying the phone needs to be reset after an option change? Then No
    4. 8330/4.5.0.138
    08-09-09 08:08 AM
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Are you saying the phone needs to be reset after an option change? Then No
    4. 8330/4.5.0.138
    In some instances, the phone does need to be reset. Please try this and let me know the result... Thanks!
    08-09-09 11:47 AM
    In some instances, the phone does need to be reset. Please try this and let me know the result... Thanks!
    I tried your product again and same results Private Number came right though.
    Good luck with your product but for me it doesn't do what it's supposed to.
    08-09-09 02:25 PM
    I tried your product again and same results Private Number came right though.
    Good luck with your product but for me it doesn't do what it's supposed to.
    A few questions if you don't mind:

1: Permissions were ALL set to ALLOW and saved?
    2: You went into the program options and put a check next to Enable Firewall, Block Private, and Block Unknown?
    3. Did you enter any numbers into either the Blacklist or the Whitelist?
    4: You performed a reset on your device?
    5: Do you have any other Call Blocking or Firewall Software on your device?

We do have other users who are having no issue, so I am trying to understand what might be different with your setup?
    08-09-09 03:50 PM
    A few questions if you don't mind:

1: Permissions were ALL set to ALLOW and saved?
    2: You went into the program options and put a check next to Enable Firewall, Block Private, and Block Unknown?
    3. Did you enter any numbers into either the Blacklist or the Whitelist?
    4: You performed a reset on your device?
    5: Do you have any other Call Blocking or Firewall Software on your device?

We do have other users who are having no issue, so I am trying to understand what might be different with your setup?
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. Yes
    5. No

I'm no programmer but my guess is that some other program for instance berrybuzz it taking precedence over your program as to the listening of an incoming call.
    08-09-09 05:05 PM
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. Yes
    5. No

I'm no programmer but my guess is that some other program for instance berrybuzz it taking precedence over your program as to the listening of an incoming call.
    Thank you for your feedback and your patience! Can you please tell me what apps you have installed on your device? You may be right about interactions with other programs, so it is important for us to work through this problem to get it resolved! Thanks again!
    08-09-09 06:47 PM
    "Callsblocker" is free and will block any 800,888,etc as well as unkown,private and blocked calls. I have used it for months, you can set it up however u need. You can also add #s from contacts or manually. Very very good app for free IMO..

Anyone get this to work on the 8900?
    08-09-09 07:57 PM
    Thank you for your feedback and your patience! Can you please tell me what apps you have installed on your device? You may be right about interactions with other programs, so it is important for us to work through this problem to get it resolved! Thanks again!
    Sorry but i'm not going to go through every app on my phone but I will list the ones pertaining to call logs etc. as I'm pretty sure my BOA app has nothing to do with your app not working

Google Voice (but isn't running)
    BerryBuzz
    BBLight

All other app are launchers, facebook games etc.
    08-09-09 11:33 PM
    Berryaddon is working for me so far. Worked on the 8900 and the bold. Plus the additional features makes it worthwile!!
    08-10-09 01:57 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD