View Poll Results: Which Call Blocking App is the Best???

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buzz Off

4 23.53%
  • Berry Add On

4 23.53%
  • Calls Blocker

7 41.18%
  • Call Firewall

0 0%
  • Call Blocker Pro

0 0%
  • Privacy Manger

0 0%
  • Antair Call Screener

0 0%
  • Other

2 11.76%
    Which Call Blocking App do you think is the Best??

Personally after trying many of them free and trial. I found Buzz off to be the best since it actually blocked the call by hanging up on the caller and not sending the call to voicemail. Buzz of is also inexpensive and doesnt take up much memory.
    08-31-09 12:11 AM
    I read some reviews where people are saying that the program didn't work, calls were still getting through. Others said that the phone rang for a second before being blocked. Have you had any of these issues?
    08-31-09 01:02 AM
    I read some reviews where people are saying that the program didn't work, calls were still getting through. Others said that the phone rang for a second before being blocked. Have you had any of these issues?
    Its been working fine for me so far. All the apps Ive tried do ring for a second before the call is blocked.
    08-31-09 05:37 AM
    There's a thread for this already in this section:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bes...allers-302872/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 05:41 AM
    Im likeing Berryaddon, Using it for about 4days.. Seems to have NO problems or bugs..
    08-31-09 05:50 AM
    None of these apps really BLOCK calls. The phone will ring in order for the app to detect the call. Then it can ignore the call, which will send it to vm, or pick up and hang up. I don't like the pick up and hang up feature because it confuses the caller as to what happened and it makes them call back again, wasting minutes each time. In order to really block the caller, you need to use one of these apps along with youmail to ditch the person, not allowing them to leave a message either.
    08-31-09 05:56 AM
    There's a thread for this already in this section:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bes...allers-302872/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I Know there is but some people wanted a poll since that was not in a poll format so I decided to make one so its easier to see the results.
    08-31-09 10:25 AM
    I have the same prob with Buzzoff. It is suppose to work like that. It simulates you picking up the phone and then after 1 sec., It hangs up. If it doesn't automatically pick it up, It will go to voicemail. if it picks up and hangs up, it will close the call and no voicemail
    09-16-09 09:02 PM
  9. AK
    CallsBlocker v1.0.7 by Fabian Heuwieser ---- FREEWARE works just fine and dandy on a Blackberry Bold 9000

What most users fail to notice about this program is that it requires to be activated by OPTIONS + followed by a REBOOT process.

After downloading the program, one should:

1) Click on the CallsBlocker program and Click on Activate, followed by the input of the numbers to be blocked. (it will be ideal to test it out with a 2nd phone line within reach, ie. 2nd mobile or landline)

2) Next, go to OPTIONS > ADVANCED OPTIONS > APPLICATIONS > CALLSBLOCKER

- At this time, the PERMISSIONS (2 of them) are set to CUSTOM
    - CHANGE PERMISSIONS to ALLOW for both options

3) REBOOT DEVICE

4) Try calling your device and the number should be BLOCKED.

Can't beat a Freebie Easy Peasy nifty App!
    Last edited by AK; 10-10-09 at 06:22 AM.
    10-10-09 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD