Everyone with a call blocking app on your 8900 please list what program you have and if the following features are confirmed as working:

1- blocks calls with no ring or missed call notification
    2- hangs up on caller- does not send them to voicemail
    3- works while the phone is in standby
    4- blocks private/unknown/blocked caller ID calls

I have tried almost 10 apps in the past few days and some work while most fail. The ones that do work only do so if the phone is NOT in standby.

I do not want to list the apps I tried because I want to see if others have had success with the apps that I tried.

thanks in advance
    10-09-09 07:37 PM
    YouMail works pretty good for me
    10-10-09 11:22 AM
    I never thought of YouMail. Does the phone still ring if the call is blocked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 11:27 AM
    Call Blocker Pro - works great.
    Haven't tested in standby though. Worth every penny.

Can be found in CB Store.
    10-10-09 11:57 AM
    No, it does not ring. You can set it up to send unwanted/blocked/unknown calls to go directly to voicemail with whatever message you want and you decide if you want to allow them to leave a message or let youmail hangup on them after the message...you can even put a fake out of service message....go check it out...it works pretty good.

Also, yes it works in standby...and its FREE! you can get premium options if you want...but free works fine!
    Last edited by BBjonjon; 10-10-09 at 12:01 PM.
    10-10-09 11:58 AM
    Call Blocker Pro does not work. It sends calls to voicemail and does not work in standby. I bought it and am disappointed.

10-10-09 11:59 AM
    I am off to try YouMail now.

10-10-09 12:57 PM
    ive been using adonis and it works just how i like it to. it gives you the option to have it pick up and hang up on the caller so they cant leave a voice mail and i really havent noticed if it leaves a missed call notification bc i only want it to block private and unknown callers.
    10-10-09 01:29 PM
    I could not get AddOnIS to work in standby. It also sent every call to voicemail.
    10-10-09 01:55 PM
    Either I'm ******** or YouMail does not work either. I blocked my wife's phone to test it and it just rings as normal. I have it set to "Ditch".

I have ensured that the service is active. Anything else I could be doing wrong?
    Last edited by Symp EL; 10-10-09 at 02:17 PM.
    10-10-09 02:09 PM
    No, it does not ring. You can set it up to send unwanted/blocked/unknown calls to go directly to voicemail with whatever message you want and you decide if you want to allow them to leave a message or let youmail hangup on them after the message...you can even put a fake out of service message....go check it out...it works pretty good.

Also, yes it works in standby...and its FREE! you can get premium options if you want...but free works fine!
    How do I set it so the phone doesn't ring when ditched calls arrive? Right now my phone rings 5 times then goes to the greeting I have chosen. Can YouMail block the call before my phone rings?
    10-10-09 02:32 PM
    It works fine here, don't know what to tell you. Try a battery pull and try calling againg. Also the help section at youmail dot com should help you. Did you set it up from the computer or the phone? Some of my options I had to set from their website.

Also try searching this forum for your answer...try searching for youmail and read threads that might have your answer. Sorry I'm not being of much help, but right now I'm doing my own research on issues I have with my 8900...But I'll be around to help you as much as I can. Good Luck bro!
    Last edited by BBjonjon; 10-10-09 at 03:18 PM.
    10-10-09 03:10 PM
    I found several sites that said youmail can't intercept the call before it gets to the phone. I just made a contact entry with a custom mute ringtone.

10-10-09 03:15 PM
    icallmanager light works great for me...YouMail wont work for what you are trying to do....
    10-15-09 12:09 PM
    icallmanager light works great for me...YouMail wont work for what you are trying to do....

With the muted ringtone for the contact entry and ditchmail I am happy. The robo caller tried about 5 times since that set up and hasn't called back again. I am hoping they have given up.
    10-15-09 12:11 PM
    T-Mobile offers a good call blocking service for an additional $1.75. You might want to call your provider and ask.
    10-15-09 12:12 PM
    AT&T does not offer it. Seems to me that if they offered it, people would jump all over it.
    10-15-09 12:14 PM
    AT&T does not offer it. Seems to me that if they offered it, people would jump all over it.

I take that back. When I called ATT they told me there was no such service. I just came across this:

AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless does not block any incoming calls except for calls from numbers you designated as Blocked Numbers.
    AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless™ Service Terms of Use | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    10-15-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD