Someone told me that there is an app that blocks my number when I call someone.... reason being that I need this is for work. I sometimes have to make work related calls via my cellphone and do not want the wrong people getting my number. can someone point me in the right direction please?
    06-24-09 01:32 AM
    06-24-09 02:14 AM
    i clicked the link and couldn't find what you are talking about......
    06-24-09 02:17 AM
    06-24-09 05:34 AM
    Someone told me that there is an app that blocks my number when I call someone.... reason being that I need this is for work. I sometimes have to make work related calls via my cellphone and do not want the wrong people getting my number. can someone point me in the right direction please?
    I used youmail on my Bold & it worked great. It allowed me to block or ditch certain numbers to their ditch mail. You can also set up custom greetings for individual callers and it offers a lot of great features.

The best part of youmail is it's free!
    06-24-09 05:48 AM
    I have had problems with Call blocker messing up my phone logs and then I wasn't able to back-up my storm.
    06-24-09 07:46 AM
    Why not just use the phone options t5o restrict your ID?
    06-24-09 07:55 AM
    yeah you dont need an app, on the 8900 i hit the green answer button then menu button, options, general options, restrict my identy set to yes
    06-24-09 08:47 AM
    there should be a setting in your phone options menu that blocks your number from showing on someone's caller id. go to phone->options->general options->restrict my identity->change the setting from there. you will need to change in back everytime you want the number to show again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 09:11 AM
    Why not just use the phone options t5o restrict your ID?
    huh? whats that?

yeah you dont need an app, on the 8900 i hit the green answer button then menu button, options, general options, restrict my identy set to yes
    hmmm..... i dont have general options. i have general settings, and i can't find restrict identity.

there should be a setting in your phone options menu that blocks your number from showing on someone's caller id. go to phone->options->general options->restrict my identity->change the setting from there. you will need to change in back everytime you want the number to show again.

hmm.... all i can find is select options, then select security options, then the only thing that says general is general settings.... still cant find it.
    06-24-09 04:28 PM
    huh? whats that?

hmmm..... i dont have general options. i have general settings, and i can't find restrict identity.

hmm.... all i can find is select options, then select security options, then the only thing that says general is general settings.... still cant find it.
    You are going to the wrong options. You have to bring up the dial pad (press green phone key), press the bb key and then select options. Then general options> look for "restrict my identity" and set that to always.

06-24-09 04:37 PM
    You are going to the wrong options. You have to bring up the dial pad (press green phone key), press the bb key and then select options. Then general options> look for "restrict my identity" and set that to always.

GOT IT!!!!! thank you SO MUCH!!!!! now, i have 3 options, always,never, network determined. i selected always and called my house and it worked, but what is the network detrmnd?

thanks again!!!!!!!
    06-24-09 04:40 PM
    GOT IT!!!!! thank you SO MUCH!!!!! now, i have 3 options, always,never, network determined. i selected always and called my house and it worked, but what is the network detrmnd?

thanks again!!!!!!!
    The Network Determined choice does exactly what it sounds like. The network will decide whether your number should be marked as private or not for the call.

06-24-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD