I have a Curve 8310, I bought the Call Blocker Pro and it does not block anything.......is there something within the phone I need to do??
    06-28-10 12:58 PM
    You probably just need to configure the app to your liking, and set it to block the numbers you want to block. Here is a thread the developer set up where he supports the app and answers questions, perhaps you'll find it helpful.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/off...liable-384767/
    06-28-10 02:20 PM
    Thx very much. Will give it a try.
    06-28-10 02:27 PM
    You also have to add numbers to your blacklist for the app to block. Also go into your setting and check what calls you want blocked, I think by default it blocks private calls.
    06-28-10 05:50 PM
    I have a bb 8530 i thought i was the only one who couldn't get the blocking software to work.
    I tried several call blocking software. configured each one correctly and tried a million times different numbers different software, etc...
    No luck at all.

Still waiting for a refund on 2 of the programs that i bought from bb appworld.

If anyone actually has some call blocking software that they have used and confirmed to be working please let me know. (preferably tested in the 8530 but if tested in working in another phone il give it a try.)

Thanks,
    Jack
    06-28-10 08:03 PM
    I have a bb 8530 i thought i was the only one who couldn't get the blocking software to work.
    I tried several call blocking software. configured each one correctly and tried a million times different numbers different software, etc...
    No luck at all.

Still waiting for a refund on 2 of the programs that i bought from bb appworld.

If anyone actually has some call blocking software that they have used and confirmed to be working please let me know. (preferably tested in the 8530 but if tested in working in another phone il give it a try.)

Thanks,
    Jack
    The most important thing with Call Blocker Pro is to set the permissions. Check out this youtube video for directions:

Call Blocker Pro has been tested on nearly every device, so we are extremely confident it works well on the 8530.
    06-28-10 08:41 PM
    Yeah... I was also going to say that the suggested permissions have to be accepted and saved before the program will work.
    06-28-10 08:53 PM
    I watched youtube video, folowed aong and set it to allow and it works!!!

Many Many thanks!!!!!
    06-28-10 10:06 PM
    I watched youtube video, folowed aong and set it to allow and it works!!!

Many Many thanks!!!!!
    Great to hear! Please leave a review where you bought it letting people know what you think! It really helps us out!
    06-28-10 11:04 PM
    Or maybe the developer will find this thread and show up and provide the help directly he's a pretty cool dude.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 11:11 PM
    YOU ARE RIGHT!!!
    I just reinstalled this app and i see that it does work!

I appreciate the help.

Anyone having problems please the video that EpicDraws posted.

Thanks again,
    Jack
    06-30-10 02:54 AM
    Great to hear you have it working! Make sure to tell a friend
    08-03-10 10:59 PM
    Another thing to try if it will not block calls is goto your options screen, then call blocker. In the settings at the bottom change the advanced settings to "Long (1000ms)". Sometime you need the response time longer for it to catch your calls.
    08-07-10 07:25 AM
    I recently downloaded Call Blocker Pro 5.25 on my BB Tour, and, while it does block all numbers that I enter mannually, it does not block any UNKNOWN or PRIVATE calls, even though both of these are checked in Options.

Yes, I have reinstalled (twice!), and yes, I have correctly set the permissions (per the video). So what is the problem!?

I have contacted Epic Applications' "customer service" forum, and recieved a few replies with the afore mentioned advice. Now they are not even responding to my inquiry.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any useful advice (that does NOT include reinstalling or setting permission)?

Thanks, MB
    12-02-10 09:49 AM
    You are better off asking in THIS thread....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/off...liable-384767/

The developer set it up to support the app, and he probably has it subscribed.
    12-02-10 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD