Ok, i know there are other threads about the "best" call blocker, i have call block pro and to be honest im not happy with it.

My question is, are there any out there that actually lead the caller to believe they are not being sent to voicemail manually by me.

In other words, the other person calls, they hear no ring, and it either goes to voicemail or a busy/line has been disconnected message.

I see many out there that claim to do these things, but if you read the reviews, most say they still hear a ring at least once which in my mind defeats the whole point.

Any help is appreciated.
    04-09-10 04:58 PM
    Ok, i know there are other threads about the "best" call blocker, i have call block pro and to be honest im not happy with it.

My question is, are there any out there that actually lead the caller to believe they are not being sent to voicemail manually by me.

In other words, the other person calls, they hear no ring, and it either goes to voicemail or a busy/line has been disconnected message.

I see many out there that claim to do these things, but if you read the reviews, most say they still hear a ring at least once which in my mind defeats the whole point.

Any help is appreciated.
    are you talking about the caller not hearing the ring or you not hearing the ringtone?

If you are talking about the first one the caller then i dont think there is a way to not hear the ring. this is done by the operator.

But if you are talking about you hearing a second of the ringtone before the call is blocked then this is common on the blackberry. We just released BuzzOff v2 which you can configure not to ring when the call is blocked.
    04-09-10 05:06 PM
    are you talking about the caller not hearing the ring or you not hearing the ringtone?

If you are talking about the first one the caller then i dont think there is a way to not hear the ring. this is done by the operator.

But if you are talking about you hearing a second of the ringtone before the call is blocked then this is common on the blackberry. We just released BuzzOff v2 which you can configure not to ring when the call is blocked.
    Yes, i mean the other caller not hearing anything, so it sounds like my phone is off or he called the wrong number. In a perfect world it would sound like it was disconnected.

It seems like there is nothing out there, all the apps seem to do is make it so you dont have to look at your phone and hit end.
    04-10-10 10:29 AM
    Yes, i mean the other caller not hearing anything, so it sounds like my phone is off or he called the wrong number. In a perfect world it would sound like it was disconnected.

It seems like there is nothing out there, all the apps seem to do is make it so you dont have to look at your phone and hit end.
    for this to happen your carrier have to do the blocking. contact your carrier if you want someone blocked.
    04-10-10 11:58 AM
    I had used Antair for Blackberry & it doesnt rings. Its best as far as your need.
    04-10-10 12:00 PM

The best call blocked I have used is BuzzOff and to see a simple demonstration on the app in action click on the video link in my sig below.
    04-10-10 12:01 PM
    The best call blocked I have used is BuzzOff and to see a simple demonstration on the app in action click on the video link in my sig below.
    Im actually downloading the trial now, in your video i didnt hear if it rang on the house phone or not. Thats what im trying to figure out....

How does it work with the milliseconds? The higher the faster it works?

EDIT: Just tried trial and it always rings at least once, defeats the whole purpose in my opionon, but i guess there is nothing you can do about it...
    Last edited by SprintTour155; 04-12-10 at 01:52 PM.
    04-12-10 01:24 PM
    Im actually downloading the trial now, in your video i didnt hear if it rang on the house phone or not. Thats what im trying to figure out....

EDIT: Just tried trial and it always rings at least once, defeats the whole purpose in my opionon, but i guess there is nothing you can do about it...
    did you read the FAQ?

in buzzoff prefs select the Blocking tab and then check to use Advanced Blocking. Set the delay block to 300ms

exit buzzoff and run the Soudn Profile app on the HomeScreen, select Edit profile, select a profile, select Other, select Buzzoff and set the ringtone to Silent, set everything else to OFF.

the short the ms delay the faster the blocking. if you no delay and it doesnt work then make the delay higher.
    04-12-10 01:58 PM

From the caller side: You may hear 1 or 2 rings and then it goes dead. I'm working on a second video that gives you a view from the caller side.

Your phone, if setup correct, will NOT ring. My video is proof.
    04-12-10 02:05 PM
    He is not asking whether your phone will ring. He's asking whether the caller's phone will ring.
    04-12-10 02:24 PM
    He is not asking whether your phone will ring. He's asking whether the caller's phone will ring.
    how is it possible for the caller's phone to ring when calling someone?

then i dont get what he is asking.
    04-12-10 04:25 PM
    That's already been answered and their is no app that can do it. That is something your phone service would have to provide because btw the phone call is routed to your mobile phone the caller has already heard a ring.
    04-12-10 06:09 PM
    Youmail has the opyion to block callers and have it say its disconected that's what I use it may ring 3 times but if a phones is disconnected that's what it does ring 3 times and bam

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD