I recently purchased an unlocked 8220 to use with my AT&T service. I do not have internet or e-mail access as I am currently unemployed and needed a PDA to keep track of my interviews. I am trying to find calender software that I can install on my laptop and sync with my BB. Everything seems to be geared to wireless syncing via the internet. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good software program for my laptop that is compatible with my BB? Thanks~
    09-28-09 08:58 PM
    use google calendar with google sync

wait scratch that no internet...doesn't outlook do this?
    09-28-09 09:12 PM
    I only have Outlook Express on my home computer, so no I can't sync my Outlook Calender. Why doesn't BB supply the calender software installed on the phone on the CD so it would make this easy?
    09-28-09 09:28 PM
    The calendar software on the phone can't run on a windows/linux/Mac machine without a simulator.

If you put the BB on the ATT network after September 6, you will be forced to get the BIS data plan. In that case, googlesync is your cheapest bet.
    09-29-09 11:49 AM
    I am already using my BB on my AT&T service, I just installed the sim card from my previous phone and it is working for what I need right now. Are you telling me that somehow AT&T will force me to use the BB service pak? That is an extra $30 a month I do not have right now since I am unemployed and if I am required to sign a 2 year contract that's a commitment of $720. Surely I can find a solution to my sync of calender software for a lot less than that.
    09-29-09 12:05 PM
    you may be SOL...
    It will sync with vista, or buy outlook for like 80.00 if you can.
    09-29-09 12:31 PM
    You can do a backup with just desktop manager. But it sounds like you will need Outlook if you want to actually view your calendar and update it on the PC.
    09-29-09 01:11 PM
    I think you can also sync to a Lotus Notes Calendar. Maybe you can find an old copy of that program?
    09-29-09 01:13 PM
    I think you can also sync to a Lotus Notes Calendar. Maybe you can find an old copy of that program?
    I have Lotus Notes, you can sync it.

Boomo
    09-29-09 04:37 PM
    I am already using my BB on my AT&T service, I just installed the sim card from my previous phone and it is working for what I need right now. Are you telling me that somehow AT&T will force me to use the BB service pak? That is an extra $30 a month I do not have right now since I am unemployed and if I am required to sign a 2 year contract that's a commitment of $720. Surely I can find a solution to my sync of calender software for a lot less than that.
    If you put your BB on ATT prior to September 6, you won't need to add it. If not, it was added as soon as ATT noticed the new phone (relatively quickly). Check your phone plan online.
    09-29-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD