I have an idea for an app for the blackberry, I just have no idea how to proceed. I am posting for three reasons: 1 if the app exists will someone tell me how to find it. 2 if it does not exist I welcome feedback to see if there is enough interest to pursue it. 3 if the smart people are listening and I prove point 2, please make it for us.

My idea is an app that will automatically list all holidays u choose from a menu into ur calander. This would mean no more guessing what weekend is Labor Day, or any other holiday that has a different date on the calender each year.

I am not a computer genius but to me it seems not that complicated? Please give feedback and maybe this idea could go somewhere! Thanks for ur time!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 12:57 AM
    actually google calendar does that if you sync with google
    08-27-09 06:35 AM
    There is also an app called Holidays. (I've seen it before but have not used it.)
    08-27-09 06:38 AM
    There's one called DatePedia too.
    08-27-09 07:28 AM
    I like here ..
    everyone is kind..
    08-27-09 07:31 AM
    If you are using Outlook, you have many more options for adding holidays.

I will be honest, I went through and just put all of the holidays into Outlook by hand and used recurrences to make them annual events. Most holidays are a fixed date or a fixed location in the month (labor day is the first Monday in September). If you take some time and set them up now, you won't have to worry about any future holidays you may have missed.

(For the record: US election day is a pain to do since there is an exception to the rule. First Tuesday in November unless it is the first day of the month then it is the second Tuesday. Still haven't figured out that one but determined it just wasn't worth it when I can just manually move the one occurrence per decade by hand)
    08-27-09 08:04 AM
    Lotus Notes has holiday calendars (for different countries) that you can add to your personal calendar, so if you sync you BB with your Noes Calendar, you are good to go.
    08-27-09 11:03 AM
    Thank you for all the responses! Especially Blueyestm I went and synced up with Google, it was suprisingly easy I highly recommend that avenue!!!!
    08-27-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD