Is there a calendar sync app for BlackBerry that will allow you to sync your calendar with an online account. I would like to be able to add calendar items using my BlackBerry, as well as an online account system. Then have the 2 sync together.

Google Sync has this feature, but it only syncs to the default calendar.
    Google Sync messes up my calendar at times, therefore I do not want it to sync with my default calendar. I'd rather it sync to one of my other calenders.
    07-14-10 09:11 AM
    Funambol is THE way, bro. It has a 90 day limit but if you hype it on a blog, speak on it on a forum (like CB like I did), make a video, etc. they'll extend it for a year. It just works, yo.
    07-14-10 09:24 AM
    Funambol is THE way, bro. It has a 90 day limit but if you hype it on a blog, speak on it on a forum (like CB like I did), make a video, etc. they'll extend it for a year. It just works, yo.
    I've never heard of it before. What do you mean by 90 day limit?
    07-14-10 09:36 AM
    It's a 90 day trial. After that it's $$.
    07-14-10 09:46 AM
    It's a 90 day trial. After that it's $$.
    I really couldn't find the exact price of it. I stumble on a page in reference to purchasing support for the app. I saw something about $10,000 and closed the web page.
    07-14-10 09:51 AM
    There's no cost to it. None that I could find. Once I posted about it on this site, I got upgraded to a year and I've been using it faithfully for more than a few months now.
    Last edited by CZeph; 07-14-10 at 10:00 AM.
    07-14-10 09:57 AM
    I just found the info on using it after 90 days. There does not seem to be a cost associated with it. You just have to advertise it.

https://help.forge.funambol.org/ques...nswer1015.html
    07-14-10 10:07 AM
    After reading the FAQ on their site, it seems that it's limited to only 90 days. After that it seems you can no longer use it unless you signed up prior to October 1st 2009
    07-14-10 10:09 AM
    I'm telling you, I hyped it on this site, sent a link of the post to one of the administrators on the Funambol site and he sent me an email to say I'm good for a year. It also syncs my contacts (pics too), memos, tasks, photos as well as my calendar. Just say'n.

On that FAQ, it should also say something about how to go past the 90 days.
    07-14-10 10:36 AM
    I'm telling you, I hyped it on this site, sent a link of the post to one of the administrators on the Funambol site and he sent me an email to say I'm good for a year. It also syncs my contacts (pics too), memos, tasks, photos as well as my calendar. Just say'n.

On that FAQ, it should also say something about how to go past the 90 days.
    Thanks for informing me about this app and service.
    It's the best I've seen thus far.

I was trying to use Google Sync, but it would just screw up my calendar. Its only good for adding a calendar item with no extras. The thing I hated about using Google Sync is that it didn't play nice with a repeating calendar entry. For example, if I logged into my Google account online and create an entry that would repeat, it wouldn't sync it to my BlackBerry as a repeating entry. It would end up being just a bunch of individual entries. If I wanted to edit or delete the series, I could only do it from my online Google account. If I wanted to delete it from my phone, I would have to delete each and every repeating item separately. I also couldn't make changes to the series form my phone. I could only edit a series if it was created on my phone, and not through Google.
    Funambol is setup exactly like my BlackBerry. I was unable to find a way for it to sync to my other calendars. It only syncs to the default calendar, just like Google Sync. I guess I won't mind it syncing to my default calendar because it does such an awesome job of keeping everything in sync. I was trying to find a way for Google Sync to sync to something other than my default calendar because I didn't want it screwing up my main calendar.

I'm very impressed with Funambol so far. I may even attempt to let it sync my contacts. I did away with that feature in Google Sync. It had duplicate contacts all over the place. It took a while for me to finally get my address book back in order.
    Last edited by cdf3; 07-14-10 at 12:33 PM.
    07-14-10 12:28 PM
    No probs. If you do allow it to sync your contacts 1 MAJOR BONUS is that the contact pics will sync also (unlike GSync) and their addresses/numbers will remain with the right person (unlike GSync). I like it and I'm on a Mac so it's got to be good!
    07-14-10 01:09 PM
    No probs. If you do allow it to sync your contacts 1 MAJOR BONUS is that the contact pics will sync also (unlike GSync) and their addresses/numbers will remain with the right person (unlike GSync). I like it and I'm on a Mac so it's got to be good!
    You are so right about the contact picture getting synced as well. That was another major turn off for me in regards to Google Sync. It also seems as though Google has not really done any major improvements to their BlackBerry apps since their Android platform is doing well.
    07-14-10 01:16 PM
    Sounds like a late night infomercial, bros.
    B. B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 11:38 PM
    Sounds like a late night infomercial, bros.
    B. B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That made me laugh out loud! Good one.
    07-15-10 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD