Is there a 3rd party calendar app (for Storm) that will handle repeating appointments differently than the existing calendar app?

My problem is this, I'm a guitar teacher and so most of my appointments are repeating. Each week, I put a note in the appointment's note field indicating payment status.

This works fine until I have to change someone's time. I can't tell the calendar app to change the repeating appointment from this day forward, I can only change just this one day.

On top of that, if I change the end date of the repeating appointment so that I can create a new one from the new day forward, the storm deletes all of the notes for all of the previous entries and I have no idea anymore when someone paid or not.

I used to use a Palm tungsten T3 for this and it was perfect. If anyone has any suggestions on a calendar app that will handle this better I would love to hear it. Thanks.
    12-26-09 01:02 PM
    I second your request. I'd like a calendar app that functions more like Google Calendar where I have the option to end a series of repeated events with the ability to change events if necessary and then end a series without it affecting the past events that may have been changed.

A few things that Palm had going for it was a great desktop app, the ability to hide contacts and editing events like this.
    12-26-09 02:01 PM
    Yeah, it's really a shame that RIM assumes we all use Outlook and that's the only desktop calendar app that the blackberry will sync with. If I used Microsoft stuff in general (outside of Windows and that's out of necessity) I probably would have bought a Windows powered smartphone.

But I'm still hoping someone has a suggestion before I go randomly buy some and try them out.
    12-26-09 07:47 PM
    Just one suggestion until you find something. But can't you choose to "open as series" instead of open occurrence and change the time? Does that not work? I don't have anything to test it with right now tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 07:50 PM
    You can "open as series" but then all of them get changed. What I would want is "open as series" but then have it change "from this point forward" and not change the previous entries or delete their individual note fields.
    12-27-09 01:57 AM
    Oh I see

12-27-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD