Hi guys,

For same time i have this stupid issue.When i sync my calendar entries from 9870 with the ones from my google mail and facebook i have the calendar updated on my phone, but i have up to 100 entries for the same event.On each event i have.
    Is this normal?

How can i delete all duplicates and keep only the original entry?

Thank you.
    07-06-11 07:33 AM
    Really now pal, if you thought it was normal, you wouldn't be posting about it.

So, on a more constructive note, what kind of sync are you using, Google Sync app or the native sync solution from BIS?

What I would do if I were you is:

1- Stop the sync service (if it is the app, it will delete all entries from the device);

2- Plug the device to Desktop Manager and remove the calendar data (Calendar, not Calendar - All);

3- Go online to Google Calendar and make sure you only have ONE single entry for each appointment;

4- Start the sync again (if it is the native bis feature, you'll have to remove the email and add it back).

This should do the trick. Tell us how it went.
    07-06-11 09:10 AM
    Thx for asnwering Diegonei,

It seems that the issue is on google calendar.Actually the number of entries is increasing day by day...don't know why...and my bbry just sync them, which is normal.

I'll continue investigating on this one.
    07-06-11 04:04 PM
    I have been using the bold 9700 for over a year. Originally had a problem with duplicate calendar entries on the phone and in google because wireless sync was on. Since turning off wireless sync, I have not had a problem. Even after upgrading to 6.0 I did not have a problem with duplicates. For some reason, recently duplicate entries are appearing in the blackberry calendar. Dups are not in Google gmail, Is seems as if google is updatiing the bb calendar each time it runs a sync. Any one have a similar problem?
    07-29-11 11:08 PM
    I have the same issue
    02-08-12 12:37 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

Solutions were posted on BOTH threads you dug back from the grave. Give them a try.
    02-08-12 12:43 PM
    An excerpt from google answers
    The problem seems to lie with Blackberry sync and Google sync both trying to synchronize the calendar. Turn off the Blackberry sync by going to Calendar--> Options--> Select your account (the gmail address that you are synching with)--> Un-check 'Wireless Synchronization'. Once this is turned off, use Google sync.

Blackberry: How can I delete all my events on my Blackberry's default calendar
    Go into the calendar, set your view to be agenda, and then scroll up to the top of your calendar, highlight the first date listed and hit the menu key. Now choose "delete prior" and it will remove all of your calendar entries.

Deleting duplicates from Google Calendar
    You can use the donation-ware tool to delete your duplicates. Here is the tool on the page. Read their FAQs.

Free Google Calendar Duplicate Remover (Donation-ware) | ryanVision
    03-15-12 01:45 PM
    An excerpt from google answers
    The problem seems to lie with Blackberry sync and Google sync both trying to synchronize the calendar. Turn off the Blackberry sync by going to Calendar--> Options--> Select your account (the gmail address that you are synching with)--> Un-check 'Wireless Synchronization'. Once this is turned off, use Google sync.

Blackberry: How can I delete all my events on my Blackberry's default calendar
    Go into the calendar, set your view to be agenda, and then scroll up to the top of your calendar, highlight the first date listed and hit the menu key. Now choose "delete prior" and it will remove all of your calendar entries.

Deleting duplicates from Google Calendar
    You can use the donation-ware tool to delete your duplicates. Here is the tool on the page. Read their FAQs.

Free Google Calendar Duplicate Remover (Donation-ware) | ryanVision
    03-15-12 01:46 PM
    Calendar sync...possible solution

Please understand this may not be exactly what you're looking but:

Here's what I discovered, give it a shot. it's a working workaround, sorry it's not perfect, but you

don't have to deal with millions of duplicates when you attempt to sync your Google Sync with the BB

calendar app.

Do this:
    Sign in to your Google account using BB's web browser. Then access the Calendar feature from a WEB PAGE.

Do NOT use the BB Calendar application that's built into the memory. Google's mobile Calendar page will

show you an agenda and a Quick Add space where you can add new events to your calendar WITHOUT EVER USING

THE BB CALENDAR APP. It will sync to your Google calendar, and the only difference is, you bookmark in

your Web favorites to access your calendar app. With BB's push browser, you'll stay as synced as you

possibly can in real time, AND YOU ONLY HAVE TO INPUT AN APPOINTMENT ONCE FOR IT TO STICK. And best of

all, NO DUPES!

Sorry if I am on the late freight, but hey, it took me a few weeks on my new BB 9360 Curve to get it to

work this way. Hope it helps!

One more thing...make sure you hide the BB calendar so you don't accidentally access it instead of the

web.

Update: I've using this procedure since I first posted on 4/10/12 with NO PROBLEMS...NONE!!!
    04-15-12 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD