Greetings,
    I'm a new BB'er recently upgrading (?) from my trusty Palm Treo 680 to the BB Torch.
    The 9800 works extremely well for what is it's main function- phone, email and messaging, but I have problems with a lot of 3rd party apps acquired through the BB App world. In particular are the various calc and converter apps, and specifically the UnitConverter app by Adorno.
    Basically this app and similar ones do not correctly render graphically on the screen, menus don't activate, screen navigation is totally bodged, and the phone will lock up, requiring a battery pull.
    As I stated, this happens with other calc / conversion apps and even with other types of unrelated apps.
    All these apps were downloaded from the BB app store and are listed as compatible with the 9800.
    Other problems that may be related are touch screen calibration issues and the need for frequent resets to correct that.
    I am wondering if this is an isolated problem with my phone or is it endemic to this model? Also, are there settings such as font size et.al. that can maybe correct the issues I am unaware of?
    Any help or insight will be appreciated, as this issue may cause me to abandon the platform altogether, being a relatively simple task which my outdated Treo 680 handled without a hitch (UnitConverter works quite well on that OS).
    PS: I'm sending a copy of this thread to BB, as I strongly feel they need to address this.

Thank you.
    Beakman
    09-26-10 08:22 AM
    OK, received an email from UnitConverter. I'm told that their product isn't for the 9800 yet and that that particular app store's "billing" setup is AFU, and shouldn't be listed as compatible. This kinda makes sense as other apps work fine but not some I downloaded from BB and/or Crackberry.
    In the future I will double check to see if the app description specifically states "Torch 9800" or only OS6, which I will pass on.
    When UnitConverter is ported to the Torch, I will highly recommend it. Jeez, all the others can't tell the difference between Imperial and US, plus it has everything!
    09-27-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD