Bought Buzzme Pro for $2.99 from the Apps store last year. Got quite fond of it (I like the Disco lights) Now they have the Premium version (which has the option for IM/Messenger) and you can try for 2 weeks. Wanted to upgrade from the Pro to the Premium after my two weeks was up (expecting to pay $2.00 - $2.99 max since I've already paid $2.99) and was directed to Apps World. Upgrade cost $5.99 with the option to register to download BTC Mapper free. Buzzme Premium cost $4.99 at the Apps store. I don't care for BTC Mapper, just want to upgrade to Premium. Contacted their Apps support line stating that I wanted to upgrade from Pro to Premium and was informed that I had to pay for the full price of Premium. Come on! Upgrade button no longer works at Apps store. While $4.99 won't kill me, and it is the Developer's prerogative to charge any amount for the application, I feel it is unfair to charge previous customers who have the Pro the full upgrade price to Premium considering that the Pro has three (3) of the four (4) functionality of the app. Anyone feel the same way or am I sweating this too much?
    05-05-10 04:52 PM
    I agree with you. I just upgrade my fone from an 8330 to a 9550 and my BuzzMe Pro isn't compatible at all. So even if I want Pro I have to purchase the Storm specific version for $2.99 or get Premium for $4.99. It'd be nice if the app I already purchased still worked. It seems like this BlackBerry costs me an additional $5 a day just re-downloading stuff I already paid for.
    05-12-10 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD