If you buy an App and install it on your phone (I have a Storm) and you have to replace your phone (I break my storm alot ) - do you have to buy the App again for the new phone? The device manager never seems to successfully backup third party apps for me.

TIA
    12-02-09 07:19 PM
    I've kinda been wondering this myself. More specifically I'm gonna be switching from an 8900 to a 9000 and I'm wondering if I'd have to buy different versions of the apps. My main two are BerryBuzz and QuickLaunch.
    12-02-09 07:22 PM
    It depends on where you purchased. Crackberry and Mobihand are very good at allowing you to change your device/pin and get appropriate codes. I understand the Appstore also allows this.
    12-02-09 08:45 PM
    How do you go about notifying them ... before or after the change... the download only seems to want the $$
    12-02-09 09:01 PM
    Where did you purchase? Do NOT download again. You should be able to get to your account. Generally, you will need the email address you used to purchase and a password.

You should see a list of past purchases, their codes and what version - mobihand, anyway which is where I think Crackberry purchases are recorded.
    12-02-09 10:34 PM
    I bought all my apps from AppWorld. Am I pretty much screwed?
    12-03-09 01:16 AM
    I bought BerryBuzz on my 9000 a couple of months ago, and I was successfully able to download it onto my 9700 just last week without having to pay again. I did it through the store on this site, though. I had to change my PIN to my new one, and I was able to get it.
    12-03-09 02:03 AM
    It depends on developer's policy.

For example, if you have purchased an application from SHAPE Services, you may re-download it from our site, then register with the same license code.
    If you have lost license code, you may retrieve it here:
    License Reminder

The best way to find out is to contact developer of each application. You may also contact e-shop, where you have purchased, but this is not always helpful. E.g. Blackberry AppWorld doesn't restore lost license codes.
    12-03-09 03:11 AM
    Watch out with Mobihand. I have had four warranty replacement Tours in the last month with trackball and screen issues and Mobihand has barred me from making anymore PIN changes. Consequently I have lost my BerryWeather and Quiklaunch licenses.
    12-11-09 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD