Just wondering...is there an app out there which we could use to scan or take a pic of a business card and then convert that to a contact in our address book? I would love to have something like this, esp now that I have a BB (i.e. Storm) which has a camera.

Any ideas?
    01-18-09 07:29 PM
    hope ones developed, the one on the omnia is amazing.
    01-18-09 07:33 PM
    ill do my part in searching
    01-18-09 11:54 PM
    Just wondering...is there an app out there which we could use to scan or take a pic of a business card and then convert that to a contact in our address book? I would love to have something like this, esp now that I have a BB (i.e. Storm) which has a camera.

Any ideas?
    I thought of this 3 years ago...it would be perfect for a BB...i thought i was the only one who thought of it
    01-19-09 05:40 AM
    its on the HTC Diamond, I have a friend that has it, which was the phone i was going to get before I decided on making the leap into blackberry with the storm. my last phone was an HTC touch which was nice, but I was soooooooooo sick of the windows format.

anyways, would love to see this app for the BB especially for the storm!
    01-19-09 07:38 AM
    I thought of this 3 years ago...it would be perfect for a BB...i thought i was the only one who thought of it
    You are not alone!! I missed this back when I had my 8830. Lol then I missed a camera and this functionality...I went to a convention in November and have 50 plus business cards which I would have loved to have in my contacts. This app would be something I'm thinking business users would even be willing to pay a bit for.
    01-19-09 11:20 AM
    Found one which doesn't do this on the phone....same end result though and is a monthly subscription:

scanR :: Scan, copy, and fax with your camera phone

this other one is probably the one which is on the Fuze/WinMo devices....we should try and get this for our BBs:

WorldCard Mobile
    01-19-09 11:25 AM
    My girlfriend just asked me to get this for her, because back when I had the mogul I told her that this app existed. I had no clue blackberry wouldn't have it yet and now I'm stuck telling her she's SOL. Lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 08:57 PM
    I tried the scanR app and it works great....only catch is that it is a monthly/annual subscription...
    01-27-09 11:48 PM
    Well if BB's could accept contacts over bluetooth this would be simpler too.
    01-28-09 12:37 AM
    I tried the scanR app and it works great....only catch is that it is a monthly/annual subscription...
    Qipit is free

Qipit - Copy and share documents

They did a test w/the Storm here:

Qipit Blog Blog Archive Blackberry takes mobile copy by Storm
    01-28-09 09:30 AM
    ^^ same concept minus the business card reader thing....I have found uses for this BUT I really need to be able to convert business cards to address book entries...scanR does that amazingly well for now...

I'm curious..was the HTC app free?
    01-28-09 11:35 AM
    Those of you using scanR...
    once you take a pic of a biz card and it goes to scanR, how do you then get it stored as a contact on your phone?

My boss is looking for an app like this and it needs to be very easy to use.
    01-28-09 11:52 AM
    There is an app for the Storm..once you take a pic and send it to scanR, you will be able to see your scanned business cards from a list...click on the one you want, then hit the BB menu key and choose "download VCF file"..a pop up asks you to confirm and all the details with the relevant fields are shown..you say Yes and it's added to your address book as a contact.
    01-28-09 12:29 PM
    There is an app for the Storm..once you take a pic and send it to scanR, you will be able to see your scanned business cards from a list...click on the one you want, then hit the BB menu key and choose "download VCF file"..a pop up asks you to confirm and all the details with the relevant fields are shown..you say Yes and it's added to your address book as a contact.
    Beautiful. I think he can handle that (and he won't mind paying for it).
    Thanks for the info.
    01-28-09 12:45 PM
    Hi There!

Is there a way / app how I can save a business card sent from a nokia to my blackberry directly to my contacts folder....Instead of copy and pasting the number?
    08-25-09 03:13 AM
    CARDSNAP....the name of the app

i have it on the storm it works great
    08-25-09 06:37 AM
    Cardsnap only support Storm! Don't get fooled like I did. I am sure there was no support /comply list for this app. I bought it, and it didn't work on Bold. When I contact CrackBerry and they checked on it, CardSnap only support Storm, and I can't do refund. Yikes! My money is gone!
    03-10-10 02:13 AM
    Hey if you want to know in a detail about the business card reader app then you should search online and that also on Google....there are tons of websites related to business card reader app.....

Thanks and Regards
    vistaprint.com.au
    05-27-11 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD