If any of you are into shooting as I am, then you may find good use for this app Bulletflight 2.0.0 This is a app that allows you to enter known data to that uses a calculator to give you scope adjustments and has many other uses. I saw this program from the Knights Armament Company website, which sells products (Rifles and accessories) to the US military. I also saw was only available for the iphones so I sent a kind email asking if this program was being considered for development on blackberry smart phones. In return I received a rude email about only making it for the iphone. I would expect a more sincere response from any company much less one that sells products to the US military.

If you have any interest in this kind of program, or want to help me show these iphone fanbois that they can profit off making a blackberry program then email them at [email protected]

Here is the email string with a few edits of personal info.

Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:16:17 AM
    To: Bullet Flight
    Subject: application interest
    Auto forwarded by a Rule

Dear Sir or Madam,

Hello, my name is Charles. I am an avid shooter and I also happen to be a Blackberry owner. Through browsing the knights armament website I have come across the page for the bullet flight app for iphone. I was wondering if you were planning development of this application for Blackberry devices, more specifically the Blackberry Storm. I am not sure if you are aware or not that blackberry has recently released its "Appworld" application center for blackberry devices. This could be a way, through approval of Research In Motion, to have your application reach large audiences as I am sure you are aware that there are many millions of blackberry devices around the world. I myself would absolutely find great use for this application and would gladly pay to purchase it, as I have been searching for an application that does exactly what bullet flight offers. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
    Charles H
    Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:28:32 -0400
    To: <
    Subject: Re: FW: application intrest
    No, because the Storm market is still vastly smaller than the iPhone market. There are about 30 times as many Apple devices so any effort spent programming for the Storm could have been instead used to develop another iPhone program.

Bullet Flight wrote:

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:53:22 +0000
    To: Robert Silvers<[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: FW: application interest
    Dear Sir or Madam,

Wow, I wasn't expecting a rude comment in return. My intention was just trying to present you with a way to make more money by expanding your horizons while at the same time benefiting my situation. As you may or may not be aware, RIM manufactures more than one blackberry device, and the blackberry curve in fact is the largest selling smart phone in the US over the iphone, storm coming in third. All of the many blackberry devices use very similar OS platforms and require very little effort for programs to work on all devices. The opinion that it is not profitable to venture in blackberry applications is wrong and there are thousands of developers profit from this. This experience has me giving second thoughts to even purchasing Knights Armament products. This is all your loss. Have a nice day.
    Sincerely,
    Charles H

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry Storm
    06-24-09 09:18 AM
    Looks fun but to bad there asses and won't release it for bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 12:31 PM
    That's kind of dickness on their part - I mean, how much effort can there be when you have the formulas, etc already done?
    06-24-09 01:07 PM
    That's kind of dickness on their part - I mean, how much effort can there be when you have the formulas, etc already done?
    That's what I was thinking. I don't know anything about programming but if you've already done it for one device, how hard could it be to do it for another? I think he was just in iphone denial or something. I was hoping by posting here perhaps he could feel some of the wrath of the blackberry community and maybe get their facts straight. I bet more blackberry users would use this than iphone users anyway. I don't think most iphone users are gun supporters.

06-24-09 04:09 PM
    ...I don't think most iphone users are gun supporters.

hahahaha! Funny yet ever so likely true! Odd that Apple hasn't developed a special high-security iPhone for His Majesty.
    06-24-09 07:36 PM
    I bet more blackberry users would use this than iphone users anyway. I don't think most iphone users are gun supporters.

Not only that, but what thier not considering is the fact that, I bet the average age for a blackberry user is higher than that of an iphone user. therefor more shooters of legal age and thus able to buy fire arms.
    06-25-09 05:34 PM
    You would think businesses from all sectors would be nicer to potential customers given the sluggish economy...

The cult of apple has truly brainwashed people. Whaaa? RIM outsells Apple?

Yes, it does.
    06-26-09 04:18 AM
    I recently switched from the BB Curve to the iPhone and this program was one of the reasons, that being said I miss my BB Curve!!

iPhone
    Pros:
    Fast
    many applications
    great UI

Cons:
    poor battery life
    applications cannot run in background without mods
    battery life
    no push mail
    no blackberry IM

Hit me up chuckz28...we will talk guns, meanwhile I will download this app from Knights and check it out...
    Last edited by cgaengineer; 08-14-09 at 12:46 PM.
    08-14-09 12:42 PM
    I bet more blackberry users would use this than iphone users anyway. I don't think most iphone users are gun supporters.

Not only that, but what thier not considering is the fact that, I bet the average age for a blackberry user is higher than that of an iphone user. therefor more shooters of legal age and thus able to buy fire arms.
    Exactly.
    08-14-09 03:17 PM
    Check this one out. If Knight doesn't want to create one then use something else. Won't allow me to post the link directly.

ar15 dot com /forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=814457
    08-18-09 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD