Hello,

Im looking forward to beta 2. I tried to search for an update but the service was not possible. When can we expect beta 2?

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 04:36 PM
    Im looking forward to beta 2. I tried to search for an update but the service was not possible. When can we expect beta 2?
    We're happy to let you know that we've released Beta 2. In addition to adding new features, this new release addresses a number of the issues mentioned in this thread, in particular problems on CDMA devices and issues with command & password processing.

To update, open BuddyGuard and select the Check for Updates menu item. You can also download the update OTA by visiting http://m.terramobility.com/bg in your BlackBerry browser.

Here's the thread for the new release: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...23#post4311923
    12-15-09 11:46 PM
    Just downloaded and installed the Beta 3 release. Nice addition with the Lock screen, loving that it shows my contact information and a Call Owner button. Should I ever lose my BlackBerry it'll be good to know that it's locked and whoever finds it can easily call me to return it.

For kicks I tried out whether BuddyGuard would really keep my phone locked after a reboot. Worked perfectly. Like the new reply emails too, especially the command suggestions which seems really helpful. Hope they keep rocking on this one, definitely an app I'll keep on my 'Berry.
    01-26-10 09:56 AM
    Just downloaded this app, and so far it has met every expectation!

THANK YOU!
    01-26-10 01:16 PM
    Wanted to make everyone aware that we released Beta 4 (v0.7.1.6). This update has some important fixes for issues that were reported by our users, which on some model/OS combinations could cause the app to not process commands correctly. We also made the Alert tone much more annoying, so now it's hard not to find your phone See the change log in the first entry for full details.

Be sure to download this latest update, and please feel free to let us know what you think using the "Send Us Feedback" menu item in the app.
    02-10-10 09:42 AM
    We�ve received a report that v0.7.1.6 has a bug which prevents the �Send Us Feedback� menu item from working (thanks Joel!). We�ve implemented a fix which will be rolled out in the next release, along with some other goodies. In the interim, please email any questions or feedback you have to beta (at) terramobility (dot) com.

We expect this next release to be completed soon. When you see the BuddyGuard application icon turn yellow, indicating that the update is available, be sure to open the app and upgrade to the new release.
    02-16-10 09:42 AM
    just installed, cant seem to get any of the commands to come through in email, doing a battery pull now to see if that solves the problem. Now I should say that I have my yahoo mail forwarded to gmail, so I know that I cant send it to myself from my gmail account....dont ask why, it just doesnt seem to work, but if I log into my yahoo mail I can usually send myself an email, and it will show up on my phone, uh, excuse me, berry lol
    02-16-10 05:28 PM
    just installed, cant seem to get any of the commands to come through in email, doing a battery pull now to see if that solves the problem. Now I should say that I have my yahoo mail forwarded to gmail, so I know that I cant send it to myself from my gmail account....dont ask why, it just doesnt seem to work, but if I log into my yahoo mail I can usually send myself an email, and it will show up on my phone, uh, excuse me, berry lol
    Nevermind, Im an *****, I had problems with my yahoo mail account, so I had to set it up again on my BB, I forgot about that. so in a few when I can get mail on my BB, I'll try it again and report back
    02-16-10 05:46 PM
    Ok, now that Ive had a chance to figure this program out, its great! I used e-gps before, but this app has more features. Love the lock option, and when you do it using text, it sends you messages back telling you when the alert has been silenced, and when the device has been unlocked! Outstanding
    02-16-10 06:43 PM
    We've released BuddyGuard Beta 5, version 0.7.2.0. This update adds the deletion of Calendar, MemoPad and Tasks entries to the Wipe command (a much requested enhancement!). It also fixes the "Send Us Feedback" bug, so you can again contact our support using that menu item in the app. We tossed in some other minor fixes as well, so please give it a try and let us know what you think.

See the first item in this thread for the change log.
    02-23-10 09:45 AM
    I just tried this and I think it is an outstanding program. I havent had much time to test it out yet, but from what I ve seen, I LOVE it and am recommedning it to all my BB friends. Great work TerraMobility!
    04-09-10 05:12 PM
    The Beta 6 release, version 0.8.0.3, of BuddyGuard is now available. We�ve completely updated the UI to make the app easier to learn and use. In addition, we�ve added support for defining custom messages in the Lock screen, which allows you to add your own personal touch or translate your message to other languages. There are also new Troubleshooting and Device Information items under Help, as well as miscellaneous bug fixes in this release.

Updated screen captures and the full change log is listed in the first entry in this thread.
    04-20-10 09:46 AM
    Only tested the alert command.
    Placed it on Silent, sent the email, and a couple minutes later the phone made a LOUD repetitive sound.
    Kudos. I'll have to test the other commands eventually.
    04-20-10 11:20 AM
    This app is AMAZING! I previously paid for this functionality and recently deleted that app due to the cost. Now along comes this BuddyGuard update. Not only is the feature set even better, it's also FREE! I'm recommending this to all the BB users I know. Great work guys!!
    05-01-10 08:13 PM
    I'm not getting any sound when I send bg-alert/ The phone locks, option for silencing the alarm, unlock, and call owner appear, but no alert sound. Anyone know how to fix this?
    05-20-10 12:19 PM
    Hi, I just installed the app to my BB, but after the setup process I got this message "unable to complete the operation".

Does this has anything to do with the fact that I don't have an email account setup in the device?

Thanks.
    05-27-10 06:00 PM
    Yes, that error message is due to the lack of an email account. At the end of the setup process BuddyGuard will try to send you two emails, one that provides an introduction to the application and a second that records your password for future reference. Since it couldn't send those emails it simply reported it as an error.

Thanks for pointing that out, and we'll be making some changes to handle this case more gracefully.
    05-28-10 10:31 PM
    ok, thanks for your reply.
    06-01-10 04:04 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD