On my 9000 I had created several different picture folders throughout my sdcard for various types of pics and had no problems accessing them with both the picture app and the web browser when I wanted to save an image from the 'net. Now on the Torch it seems that the picture app doesn't recognize any folders with pics outside of the main Pictures folder in the BlackBerry folder, so I moved all but one folder with pics into that main Pictures folder, and the picture app now recognizes all folders except that one I left out. Now if I find a pic online I want to download, the browser doesn't recognize any of the folders inside the main Pictures folder, but it recognizes that one folder outside the main Pictures folder. It's a no-win situation, why don't either of these apps recognize all folders with pics in them like they used to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 06:50 AM
    Go into the pictures app and choose import pictures from the BB menu. All your folders will be listed. Follow the remaining prompts.

08-28-10 08:36 AM
    Well that will get pics from outside the Pictures folder into the Pictures app but it doesn't help with the browser not recognizing any of the folders inside the Pictures folder. This would mean I would have to move all my folders back out of the Pictures folder and import them back into the app just so the browser will recognize all the folders. Still just doesn't make sense to my why the browser can't see the folders where they are right now.

08-28-10 01:10 PM
    Then you have a different issue. Before the import, I could not see the other folders when changing contact pics or saving pics via the browser. Now when doing either, I can see the original list of folders that were on the storage disk plus what I imported from the SD card. All are working here. Not sure how else to help you.

08-28-10 03:00 PM
    It seems the actual problem is the browser does not recognize folders inside folders. On the 9000 I was always able to browse through several directory levels from within the browser to save a pic. As long as a folder had pictures in it, you could open and save to that folder. On this new browser it will only recognize top level folders, so if you have a folder with pics in it as well as other folders you can go into that main folder but any folders inside it do not show so they aren't accessible. Weak.
    08-29-10 10:53 AM
    Untrue. I can save images to any folder that is either there by default or has been imported. Sounds like you may be on 141 where I am on 161.

08-29-10 11:38 AM
    I have the same issue as NoahFecks and I'm running .161. I can see all the pictures that were in the folders but it's all one big list so it takes forever to scroll down to the one I want. They are still organized by folder but you can't actually see the folders, you just have to scroll till you get to that category. (ie it is missing the typical directory layout where folders show at the top of the list (and you can easily enter that folder by clicking on it) and then anything not in a folder is displayed below the folder list.) It's very annoying when you have a ton of pictures! That is why I went to all the effort of organizing into folders.

Also, I can not save to a sub-folder either. It simply does not show up as an option in which to save.
    Last edited by gritsinct; 08-29-10 at 03:58 PM.
    08-29-10 03:56 PM
    Untrue. I can save images to any folder that is either there by default or has been imported. Sounds like you may be on 141 where I am on 161.

I just updated to .161 and still have the same issue. When I select a pic to download I can browse to and open a top folder but any folders inside that folder don't show so I can't save to them.

08-29-10 06:15 PM
    From within the media app, import the folders.

08-29-10 07:21 PM
    All your folders will be listed. Follow the remaining prompts.
    08-29-10 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD