Just wondering, since updating to 4.5 should I still keep Opera Mini or is it eating up valuable mem space?
    07-18-08 10:44 AM
    Up to you. Personal preference. Most say BB browser is fine in 4.5.
    07-18-08 10:47 AM
    Honestly, I have no idea why Opera Mini is /was
    as popular as it has become. But yes it will take
    up some memory, so if the default browser looks
    good to you go with that. And you can't download
    with or set Opera as the default. 2 big minuses IMO
    07-18-08 10:48 AM
    I really love the browser in 4.5 so I didn't install Opera (plus I never liked Opera), but if you like it.....
    07-18-08 10:48 AM
    BlackBerry Browser FTW!! (BY FAR!!)

This is only my opinions, but the BlackBerry browser is great and a lot easier to navigate and use properly! And the OS 4.5 Browser is fast! Many people used Opera because it was faster than older BB Browsers... but not any more!
    07-18-08 10:50 AM
    Just got rid of O M, why keep it ? Thanx everybody for your input. I have found every question I have asked answered with friendliness, honesty and damn great advice! Thanx again to all!
    07-18-08 10:58 AM
    Opera mini all the way. Soon they'll make it even faster then new BB browser. Its like Firefox vs IE7 (opera mini being firefox of course). There's a reason alot of people prefer Opera Mini.
    I suggest you try both and see which one you prefer.
    07-18-08 11:49 AM
    Opera mini all the way. Soon they'll make it even faster then new BB browser. Its like Firefox vs IE7 (opera mini being firefox of course). There's a reason alot of people prefer Opera Mini.
    I suggest you try both and see which one you prefer.
    False! You cannot compare Opera Mini versus BBBrowser to IE verus FF!!

I hate Opera Mini but I love FireFox... BBBrowser has a better feel to me on my Berry... especially now in the OS 4.5

If there was a FF Mobile... then I may use that!! My experience with Opera was decent, some features I hated though!

Just my $.02
    07-18-08 11:53 AM
    bb browser is better. if you want to save anything opera has to use the bb browser which is sucks.

i hope mobile opera would come for blackberry it is so way better
    07-18-08 12:01 PM
    False! You cannot compare Opera Mini versus BBBrowser to IE verus FF!!

I hate Opera Mini but I love FireFox... BBBrowser has a better feel to me on my Berry... especially now in the OS 4.5

If there was a FF Mobile... then I may use that!! My experience with Opera was decent, some features I hated though!

Just my $.02
    I don't like Opera Mini either. The native BB browser works just fine for me...
    07-18-08 12:13 PM
    I love OM I think that the full page view and num pad navigation rock and load time is sweet. Plus it really rocks having all the # and * shortcuts. speed dial on my phone for the internet... perfect.
    07-18-08 12:37 PM
    I am running 4.5.0.52 and I still prefer OM. I think OM is faster for most of the pages I view and the pages look better in OM. The people that prefer the BBbrowser, what are the configuration settings? I also still can't view animated GIFs. What embedded video can you watch?
    07-18-08 12:37 PM
    Since the upgrade of my os I hardly use OM anymore because BB browser works just fine for me. I haven't run into any websites that I'm not able to view yet but I wish the browser did have the number navigation pad like OM.
    07-18-08 12:58 PM
    Honestly, I have no idea why Opera Mini is /was
    as popular as it has become...O
    If you consider what Opera Mini was created for
    , you'll see why it's so popular.
    It was created to provide a full Web browsing experience on a cell phone, which typically has a wap browser and is very limited in memory. It simply can't browse full Web pages, or can't do it very well.
    Smartphones come with "full" browsers so they can usually get by without OM. For smartphone users it's a matter of preference. For "dumb" phone users it's the only way to browse the full Web.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 03:13 PM
    I would get rid of Opera. IMO. The native BB browser is fine on 4.5. IMO.
    07-18-08 03:16 PM
    Opera Mini is good for viewing pull pages then zooming in. BB browser will not view pages as it does on your desktop like Mini. Just becomes a pain with Mini sometimes trying to find what you need because it could still use some tweaks with its interface.
    The zooming thing can be a pain in the |3utt sometimes
    07-18-08 03:52 PM
    Stick with the BB browser...it does the job.
    07-18-08 04:08 PM
    Opera Mini is good for viewing pull pages then zooming in...Just becomes a pain with Mini sometimes trying to find what you need...
    Agreed. I rarely use the full page mode--I use the Mobile View option.
    07-18-08 04:08 PM
    I am confused, my BB is using 4.2.* it is an 8820 on Orange UK, can I upgrade to 4.5 and get the better browser?
    07-18-08 04:37 PM
    Opera Mini is good for viewing pull pages then zooming in. BB browser will not view pages as it does on your desktop like Mini. Just becomes a pain with Mini sometimes trying to find what you need because it could still use some tweaks with its interface.
    The zooming thing can be a pain in the |3utt sometimes
    Try using mobile view. It makes browsing much better. I never use the full page view.
    07-18-08 06:59 PM
    I am confused, my BB is using 4.2.* it is an 8820 on Orange UK, can I upgrade to 4.5 and get the better browser?
    I'm not sure for the 8820. But for the 8300's there is. Look in the 4.5 discussion forum.
    07-18-08 07:00 PM
    If there was a FF Mobile... then I may use that!!
    Mozilla is making a phone version of FF. I think it is using WebKit though so it will only be for touchscreen phones.

Also, I like Opera Mini for most things. I haven't found the time to upgrade to 4.5 though so maybe after this weekend I will have a different opinion. I never seem to have enough time to dedicate to an upgrade.
    07-18-08 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD