Boycott JPM Chase
    - will stop supporting the Chase Bank App for OS 7.0, no news if they support BB10
    - just received an email stating the fact
    35 years with the bank, I guess it is time to move to a BB friendly Bank
    03-25-13 03:47 PM
    I was considering boycotting as well, but mys sentiments have changed. There is a Chase app available for sideloading and in the mean time I have tweeted at Chase support and wrote to them about my displeasure of having the service cut off. They replied and said "...we've shared your feedback internally..." so I'll forego the hassle of switching banks and hope that they get enough letters and tweets that they consider making a bb10 app.
    03-25-13 03:53 PM
    Umm not to take away from your gripe, but why not just add a shortcut to your homescreen for the Chase Mobile Site login? It will even create an icon for, boom HTML app that you created yourself. Thats what I did with Scotia, and it works like a damn.

People always complain about this but I really don't understand.
    03-25-13 03:58 PM
    Umm not to take away from your gripe, but why not just add a shortcut to your homescreen for the Chase Mobile Site login? It will even create an icon for, boom HTML app that you created yourself. Thats what I did with Scotia, and it works like a damn.

People always complain about this but I really don't understand.
    People always complain about this because the browser option doesn't allow for remote check deposit--a really great feature that the app had. Other than that, I think everything the app does can be done from the browser interface.
    03-25-13 04:10 PM
    People always complain about this because the browser option doesn't allow for remote check deposit--a feature that the app had.
    Fair enough.

Not sure we have that up here in the cold Northern Tundra. But then again I have direct deposit so I don't deal with checks.

If that's your only complaint, wouldn't it be prudent to press your employer for direct deposit? It's cheaper for the employer as well.
    03-25-13 04:15 PM
    I'm with AngryEdmontonian. Why the need to have an app for everything? We have been programmed to think the only way to function with a phone is by apps.

Unlike in the past, most current phones are able to do most things on the web. With BB10, you have a near perfect web experience. I do understand that there are a few things an app can do like the check deposit thing though.

Last week, while on the road and taking a break to browse the net, I saw an opportune time to sell some stocks. Because RBC doesn't have an app, I logged into my account in the browser and sold what I wanted to with no problems and made my $700. I'm not sure if I could have done that with iOS or Android but I'm sure I could have.
    03-25-13 04:36 PM
    AE, I understand why you are angry. I just got to Edmonton last night and the weather is horrible!
    AngryEdmontonian likes this.
    03-25-13 04:38 PM
    You'd have to also boycott U.S. Bank, American Express, ING (now CapitalOne360), FSNB (if you've heard of them). None of the 5 financial institutions I deal with have a BlackBerry app. Decide which bank to go with, or stay with, based on what they offer, fees, ect. Cause if you're going soley off if they have a BlackBerry app or not I think you're going to be pretty disappointed.
    03-26-13 05:22 PM
    Is it possible to deposit checks digitally via their site on the device?
    03-28-13 03:34 PM
    Is it possible to deposit checks digitally via their site on the device?
    Not at this time
    03-28-13 03:58 PM
    is the z10 not secure enough???
    03-31-13 08:46 PM
    Not at this time
    I found this out yesterday when I wanted to deposit my check using the camera. This is one big flaw that I miss having on my z10 because my 9900 had the deposit option.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 05:15 PM
    I found this out yesterday when I wanted to deposit my check using the camera. This is one big flaw that I miss having on my z10 because my 9900 had the deposit option.
    Yeah...it was the only reason I had downloaded the app to my 9780. Otherwise their mobile site did the job well for me (Login time was actually better too.)

Even though they dropped the legacy OS app, I hope they make a BB10 app.
    04-02-13 07:46 PM
    just an FYI, you can sideload the Android version of this app onto the PB and the Z10...
    04-02-13 11:38 PM
    join the official campaign to demand the app from Chase: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post8359710
    04-22-13 01:30 PM