I bought quick launch through BB App World on my phone. Paid through paypal and then today i did a wipe and reinstall of my OS.. Well now i have lost my activation code to quicklaunch and I was wondering how do I get it back??

I contacted support for quick launch and they told me to go to mobihand and get it from there but I didnt buy it through mobihand so now i dont know what to do.. Any helP?
    08-16-09 09:41 PM
    I bought quick launch through BB App World on my phone. Paid through paypal and then today i did a wipe and reinstall of my OS.. Well now i have lost my activation code to quicklaunch and I was wondering how do I get it back??

I contacted support for quick launch and they told me to go to mobihand and get it from there but I didnt buy it through mobihand so now i dont know what to do.. Any helP?
    If you bought it through app world, some apps in app world have the code listed in the info section of the app in app world when you reinitialize your paypal account and redownload the app. If it isn't listed there, check the receipt that was sent from your paypal account. I know the few paid apps that I purchased from app world, had the activation code in the comments section of the email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 10:12 PM
    Just got done emailing Nikkisoft and this is what they responded.. Just in case anyone else is having this problem..

app world is having problems rim has informed me.
    try the following exactly.
    1) uninstall QuickLaunch and ALL App world paid apps you have on your phone.
    2) uninstall App World
    3) pull the battery
    4) install the latest App World Client
    5) go to My World
    6) login to My World with your paypal email you used when purchasing
    7) after your apps have been reconciled the activation code will be displayed on the right under the file size. it's 4 or 5 digits

it's working for some ppl. if it doesn't work rim says to try again tomorrow as they are working on it.

Getting ready to try this now.. Ill let you know if it works
    08-16-09 10:19 PM
    AND IT WORKED!!!! AWESOME Support from Nikkisoft!! Great Product..
    08-16-09 10:29 PM
    Good to hear it worked for you!

08-16-09 10:39 PM
    It's always good practice to jot down the serial numbers on a piece of paper and file them away or put them in a word document. It makes it a lot easier to find them all when you do a wipe.
    08-16-09 10:55 PM
    FYI - if you backup your QL config to your mem card, your key is inside the file.

08-16-09 11:17 PM
    two words.
    Password keeper.
    08-17-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD